Alive and well...

Ned Bulken

Hi gang,
one very tired Photo-graph-er here... I've had a 5 week training period with Olan Mills... and this week I 'graduated' when the trainer I'd been working with had a family emergency just as we were setting up at a church on Thursday. He stayed long enough to get things 'set'... then skedaddled. I 'took over' and finished the shoot solo that day and the next. (earning my first 'real' pay vs training pay, including commission on the two days' sales. And I also earned an 'attaboy' for helping out (had I not gone 'solo' they'd have had to reschedule the church)
Today I helped out at a Pastor's convention and Tuesday I start my own first full schedule. Everything is going well, I'm just really bushed it's been a really Busy month... ending up with a trip back to NY for the holiday weekend.
I'm going to the Borg tomorrow, going to pick up some supplies and start stripping wallpaper in the living room.

Good to see things are going well, Ned. :thumb: I suspect with your previous experience, getting the hang of things at Olan Mills was pretty straightforward for you.

Those telescoping ladders are worth their weight in gold. We use the heck out of a couple of Little Giants (17' and 26' sizes) in the picture-hanging business.

Good to see things are going well, Ned. :thumb: I suspect with your previous experience, getting the hang of things at Olan Mills was pretty straightforward for you.

Those telescoping ladders are worth their weight in gold. We use the heck out of a couple of Little Giants (17' and 26' sizes) in the picture-hanging business.

I got shaky just thinking about being on a 26' ladder. :eek:

I would prefer scaffolding over a ladder for that kind of work.

the little giant/gorrilla ladders are basically Scaffolding in disguise... flip/fold etc...

I got shaky just thinking about being on a 26' ladder. :eek:
I Might need a 20' ladder to reach one spot on the stairs, but that's down the road.
I would rather drill a hole in my foot than strip wall paper. Hope it comes off easy for you.
me too, but budget says I get to do it myself.

Ned, you sound like a happy man, tired, but happy.:thumb::thumb:

very tired, or I was... (I slept in today)... but other than missing the LOML a lot... I'm doing pretty well