2011 Toy Swap

Wish I had time, my work schedule lately hasn't left much time in the shop and in the middle of two projects. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with though.

For those brave guys and gals that stepped up to the plate. When you get time, send me your address please, so the names can be drawn.

Sent! :)

Thanks Steve!

Got a start on my project tonight. Might end up making a dozen of them as quickly as it's going so far. :)

Started mine tonight as well...though I'm having trouble deciding if the ants would survive inside the farm during shipping :dunno:...maybe I'll just leave them loose in the package to avoid any chance of their tunnels collapsing :p

Sent! :)

Started mine tonight as well...though I'm having trouble deciding if the ants would survive inside the farm during shipping :dunno:...maybe I'll just leave them loose in the package to avoid any chance of their tunnels collapsing :p

:p :p :p

Black ants are wimps. I hear the red ones are the tough ones.

Well, haven't started on my toy as of yet. But as Larry could tell ya, my shop needed a spring cleaning something terrible. Am doing that today. Getting ready to go out for round three now. Went out early while Lou was still asleep, round two after feeding the calves their bottles. Now round three after lunch and my nap!:rolleyes::rofl::thumb:

Perhaps I should have the items shipped here first. Sounds like an inspection could be in order:thumb::thumb:
:rofl: would you mind then, doing some sanding and adding a finish on mine ;)

On a serious note, this noob could use more help in the finish department...
I'm using a variety of woods for color effect to avoid any paint/toxicity issues/worries...
open to any suggestions on which direction to head...Thanks because :dunno:

...On a serious note, this noob could use more help in the finish department...
I'm using a variety of woods for color effect to avoid any paint/toxicity issues/worries...
open to any suggestions on which direction to head...Thanks because :dunno:

Perhaps sanded to 600 or so, then waxed with paste wax?

Rats! I go away for a month or so, and come back 4 days late for a toy swap. :(

I've been working on a toy design in my head ... even talked it over with Richard Raffan when he did an all-day demo at Craft Supplies a few weeks ago. He said he's been looking for projects, and hoped he could remember this idea once he gets back home. He even suggested that I submit an article on it ... hmmm ... I think I should actually make one first. :huh:

This swap would have been just the push I needed, but if it's too late I guess it's too late. Don't worry, you'll still be the first folks to see it ... if I ever get one made. :rolleyes:

Any Chance of bending the rules? I'd say let him in, heck, Sharon and I haven't even started ours yet, but we do know what we are making... :thumb:

You da man Steve!!!!!!:thumb::thumb:
See how much pull ya got Kerry and you didn't even know it!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I like the box swap am going for the odd ball award. Not going to worry about finish, it just isn't going to be a politically correct toy. So beware whoever (or is it whomever?) gets my toy!!!:eek::huh::rofl::rofl:

Perhaps sanded to 600 or so, then waxed with paste wax?

Thanks Vaughn, but I'm hoping there's an easier solution...hard to explain without giving away too much info, but to put it simply...too many nooks & cranny's for these old fat fingers to be buffing...Maybe I'll need to jump on Jonathan's bandwagon and just give fair warning :huh:...

Then again, wax is cheap enough, guess it could be included in the package as a 'recipient interactive activity' :rofl: