Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well hey thar I got a tractor too

Well hey thar I got a tractor too

Well sort of I got a Robert Cat

It's a 1963 been in the family since 1972 only has 50 hours on a motor overhaul & brand new reeves drive style speed changer the 2 small Hydraulic cylinders have been overhauled too. Here are a few pics. This was my Dad's 3 hand after I left home. I forgot there were a few attachments 2 buckets a headache rack to mount them on & a backhoe as well as a small un-sprung Bobcat trailer to haul it on & a big 8'x12' flatbed trailer which I hauled the bobcat & backhoe on to bring it 250 miles home & hauled the 2 buckets headache rack & forks & chipper/shredder on the Bobcat trailer with the side on it which come off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BC1.jpg   BC2.jpg   BC3.jpg   BC4.jpg   BC5.jpg  

BC6.jpg   BC7.jpg   BC8.jpg   BCTR.jpg   TR2.jpg  

Last edited by Bart Leetch; 06-11-2011 at 04:39 AM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Looks cool! All you need is for Vaughn to pay a visit with some purple spray paint to have it looking new again!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    What model is that? It looks like a 610, but I'm not sure. It looks like it is complete with a shin buster on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    Well sort of I got a Robert Cat

It's a 1962 been in the family since 1972 only has 50 hours on a motor overhaul & brand new reeves drive style speed changer the 2 small Hydraulic cylinders have been overhauled too. Here are a few pics. This was my Dad's 3 hand after I left home. I forgot there were a few attachments 2 buckets a headache rack to mount them on & a backhoe as well as a small un-sprung Bobcat trailer to haul it on & a big 8'x12' flatbed trailer which I hauled the bobcat & backhoe on to bring it 250 miles home & hauled the 2 buckets headache rack & forks & chipper/shredder on the Bobcat trailer with the side on it which come off.
    That is a really great unit with complete history..

That will do!

Nice
    Garry

Those are handier than a third hand for sure. I am envious. They are very handy.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Very cool, Bart. Those little skid steers are fun to operate, and they're handy for all sorts of things. I didn't realize Bobcat was making equipment that long ago.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Looks like it's ready to go to work. Nice that it has some history to it.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Rex it is a model 444 the ID plate is on the panel right below & in front of the seat where the operators legs drop over the front edge of the seat.

I was just talking to my 89 year old Dad & he just amazes me I hadn’t even ask him anything about the model number & he told me where the ID plate was & that he thought the model number was 444. Of course there are a lot of things he doesn’t remember & then he does something like this & blows me away.

For obvious reasons this Bobcat will be treated with TLC not lifting to max weight all the time or turning in a tight turn when it can be done in an easier manner etc. I want to make it last.

It also has 3 sizes of trailer towing ball mounted to the headache rack so moving trailers around is easy. It also has a set of brackets welded to the top of the bucket arms that a small shop built 5th wheel would mount into so that it could be used to move a 5th wheel travel trailer around. I really hope I can have the place time & materials to repaint it & the backhoe someday. 1st thing is an oil change & grease the Reeves style speed changer.

A little Bobcat history.

http://www.skidsteerhistory.com/How%20it%20began.htm

I found out mine was probably manufactured in 1963.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 06-11-2011 at 04:41 AM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    ...A little Bobcat history.

http://www.skidsteerhistory.com/How%20it%20began.htm

I found out mine was probably manufactured in 1963.
    That's cool info, Bart. I remember in the early '70s the local Clark Equipment dealer in Albuquerque would have a big Bobcat display/demonstration area at the NM State Fair. They had Bobcat Square Dancing in one area, and in another they would spend the first half of the fair digging a big hole, and the second half filling it up.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Now that's sharp. I just love playing on them things.And you have the backhoe also. That's one thing i would really love to have, might have to find one that fits my little tractor. That's if i can.