Leaving the forum

Don Baer

Staff member
Not to long ago a very good friend of mine left the forum because they felt it had lost it's family friendly feeling. I have struggled with this for a while and find myself agreeing with that person and will have to in all honesty do the same thing. I have made a lot of friends on this forum and would welcome any contact with those individuals but I also don't want to deal with the snide remarks some have chosen to use what every means to isolate myself from those people who are so self centered as to be offensive to others post. I will miss the inter reaction but I wont miss the anger that these thoughtless posts have bestowed on me.

Wow Don this is quiet a shock, been off the board for a while only dipsticking in now an then as time permits and you packing your bags.

Whats gone wrong?

I would not let remarks made by people be the reason you leave contact with your friends you have made. Some people just dont have a sense of humor or get out of bed on the wrong side everyday. Take them with a pinch of salt.

It aint time to hang up your guns or badge yet sherriff give it some more thought. Heck what would fridays be without you, and who would ensure we get some pictures.

Your regular refrain made me feel quiet at home here when i first joined and you need to think anything worthwhile is worth fighting for. ;)

Don,

I posted awhile ago. Apparently I forgot the "Submit" button.
Don't get old, your brains leak out seems to apply to me.

Anyway, I don't know what happened. Whatever it was, I am sorry it happened. You will be missed.

I don't know what else to say.

Do find a woodworking group that fits you and do Enjoy,

Jim

This is an "Edit." Rob's post was not up when I wrote this originally. I definitely second what he said and I feel like an idiot that I didn't think of it on my own. What is the old proverb---Don't throw the baby out with the bath water---It seems to apply here.
I hope I have not said anything inappropriate due to not knowing what the problem was in the first place.

Last edited:
Don,

I don't read every post. Probably catch only about 10 or 15% of them. I probably missed any that might have been mean spirited or snide - that and just not catching such things in a quick read. So forgive me if I must plead ignorance as I don't remember seeing posts that were as you describe. I probably just missed them. That having been said, I have to wonder (having not seen them by others) were any of them mine? I sincerely hope not! If so, please accept my apologies. I, too, will miss your contribution to the forum and hope that you might change your mind and stick around.

Don,
This post is meaningless unless it has a picture of you waving goodbye!!:wave::wave:

I looked back at the last 50 of your posts and didn't see what you obviously are seeing. Maybe just a little break will give you a fresh perspective, but if not, thanks for your contribution to the family.

Don,

Maybe it's just the summer doldrums. :huh:

Don't say goodbye, just say see you later and come on back when you are ready....

I hear ya Don...as I was recently reminded, this electronic conversing is a terrible way to correspond, so simple to read more or less into most anything typed...blow it off & carry on, be glad you haven't openly replied and made an fool of yourself as I have, on more occasions than I care to admit :eek: :doh:

I always feel guilty...dunno why. So...if any of my attempt at levity to any post has caused anyone pain or discomfort...You have my sincere appology:(

Sorry to hear about this Don, As you well know all families have their issues and some things get said sometimes that offend. I hope you re-consider. I have enjoyed you posts and your expertise. I tell people that I take what some say with a grain of salt and some I take with a salt block. :D With this large of a family there is bound to be an occasional hiccup. Please don't leave on the account of a few, and remember that the vast majority of us here appreciate you.