Thread: It was a good break

It was a good break

Made the trip to Keiths Casteel's and My friend picked up his new 50 Cal. It is Awesome ! I got a few things taken care of myself. Keith taped a new nipple on the 40 cal percussion that almost killed me a little while back. We enjoyed a great day.

Steve and Frank you'll like this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010153.JPG   P1010154.JPG   P1010157.JPG   P1010151.JPG   P1010150.JPG  

P1010155.JPG   P1010152.JPG  
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Wow, that is beautiful
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Bob Google Keith Casteel gun builder, you will see why Grov wanted one of his gun's. Keith is not taking any more orders. His guns are becoming high end collectors items. When Grov went with me the 1st time to visit he saw Keith building this gun and told him he wanted it. It was a commission gun so it was for sale and Grov jumped all over it. I am very happy he was able to get one of his. I wish I could afford one but I will settle knowing that Keith worked with me on building my 1st gun.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

That is a great looking gun. There were a few muzzle loader makers mentioned on a 'Shooting Gallery' show on the Outdoor Channel a while back, which was the topic. I may still have it recorded, will have to see who they mentioned.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Beautiful work, beautiful rifle. Keith's name sounds familiar, I may have met him on the trail at one time or another.
    One of the great things about the muzzle loading revival is the fantastic craftsmanship that we see by people building these rifles and other items.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

That is some amazing engraving work. I can see why Grov wanted on of Keith's guns.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    That is some amazing engraving work. I can see why Grov wanted on of Keith's guns.

Vaughn Grov told me about this class for engraving in Ohio this coming October, He has taken the class before. Him and I will take the class together this year. I know the methods but never put them into practice but I think my 5 years of Printmaking training on Plates will be a big help learning how to engrave. This is a talent I have always wanted and lets face it, Keith will not be doing it much longer and someone needs to step into his shoes. :-)