Took the plunge one serious phone

Rob Keeble

A while back I posted about the Motorola Atrix smart phone. Last night I finally took the plunge and got one along with the HD docking station. This is an Android phone with a few tweeks by Motorola.
For me it means no more laptop.
With this baby I can hook up directly to the hdmi port on my projector from the hdmi port on the phone. With the aid of the Quickoffice app I can play a power point presentation straight from the phone.
This is how technology should be.
I just don't like all the tracking in the apps.
The HD dock is also amazing it automatically provides access to firefox and file manager but its even got a small remote that allows you to play you photos, videos, music through an hdmi hometheatre center. It even has three usb expansion ports on it where you can attach a usb keboard and plug in an extra usb drive.
Lots to learn. If you want dump the multiple devices like me then this is THE phone. Well done moto.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I'm loving my Droid X as well. The versatility and usefulness is pretty cool.

I also picked up a tablet a couple of weeks ago and I find it really complements the use of my phone. I can download and use apps on both my droid and transformer. Heck, I've even started to read books on the transformer tablet.

Congrats, Rob. I'm keeping my eye on the Atrix, too...sweet-sounding specs indeed. It's the current contender for when it comes time to replace my iPhone. The "Lapdock" really appeals to me, but I wouldn't be able to justify the cost. (You can find a decent laptop for that price.) The HD dock makes a lot more sense, although I would also need an HDMI video display.

We now have iPhone 4 s. Didn't think I would like it or find useful but that has not proven to be the case. Big hit on the budget :eek: but we both like and will keep. The e-mail is, so far, biggest feature for me. I also use Kindle as a time filler/killer when waiting somewhere. Pretty amazing. My parents got the first TV in our neighborhood, probably about 1946. Some of the cars in use still had crank starts. Now, I'm seeing this. What will the next 20 years bring?

I opted for the Droid too. Almost went the iphone way, but the issue with Flashplayer, although there are apps to avoid it, kind of turned me off. I had originally wanted it for the video chat, we have wifi at both hospitals so my wife could see my smiling face when work goes out of town. My wife got a Droid first so I followed her. Don't regret it;)

Yeah guys but have any of you checked out the permissions section buried on these phones and seen just what tracking info and permissions these apps have in respect of your phone and your information.

Some of them put the CIA to shame. Take a careful indepth look at just what is on the go.

I am gonna hack mine before i go much further. If it voids the warranty too bad but i am still a believer in my rights. I did not have them for most of my life now i aint gonna give them up in the "free world" without a fight.

My phone even has a hidden adsite subroutine that is running all the time and that you cannot terminate.

Here in Canada we pay by Gigabyte of data. Its no wonder they say dont get a 500mb data plan. All the bloat ware that they embedd is continuously spying on you and you paying for it to be sent to them so they can feed you more junk.

This is not on. :bang::bang::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah guys but have any of you checked out the permissions section buried on these phones and seen just what tracking info and permissions these apps have in respect of your phone and your information.

Some of them put the CIA to shame. Take a careful indepth look at just what is on the go.

I am gonna hack mine before i go much further. If it voids the warranty too bad but i am still a believer in my rights. I did not have them for most of my life now i aint gonna give them up in the "free world" without a fight.

My phone even has a hidden adsite subroutine that is running all the time and that you cannot terminate.

Here in Canada we pay by Gigabyte of data. Its no wonder they say dont get a 500mb data plan. All the bloat ware that they embedd is continuously spying on you and you paying for it to be sent to them so they can feed you more junk.

This is not on. :bang::bang::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like a business opportunity to me..."would you like to know more?" ST :)

I've found that a lot of free apps are free because they run an ad banner. If you pay the fee to purchase the app, the add goes away

I'd recommend getting the Amazon Appstore.

They give away a paid app for free everyday. A lot of games, but everynow and then they give away some good apps. Since they are the paid apps, they don't have the advertising...

I was up till late last night getting myself up to speed with a whole new lingo and programming environment.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Motorola_Atrix_4G

This is one of the reasons i think gov all over the world should stay out of the web. Freedom still reigns here.:D;)

The above forum are my kind of boys. I love the fact that the true techies wont tolerate a locked device anymore. Brains finally rule.

They have cracked this baby and are continuing to crack it.

When i have done my learning mine too shall be free and then no more of the unsanctioned spying on my life.

I think this invasion of privicy is going to bite some of these organizations. You would think they all learnt the merits of "open" long ago.

Will let you guys know as i know more.

I'd recommend getting the Amazon Appstore.

They give away a paid app for free everyday. A lot of games, but everynow and then they give away some good apps. Since they are the paid apps, they don't have the advertising...

I'd love to but Amazon and AT&T are at odds over droids. Although i haven't checked in a few weeks....ATT droids weren't allowed to download on amazon. It really kinda blew my buzz because the first thing they offered was angry birds seasons