Show Me Your Router Table!!!

Router tables. I wanna see what you got.

Got one integrated into your outfeed or extension table? Let's see it.

Got a NYW Special? Let's see it.

Got one that levitates like a hover craft? I definitely want to see it.

Fences, bit & accessory storage, lifts. All good stuff. Show me.

Even if you think it's ugly, show it off. We're looking for ideas here.
Be sure to include any dimensions and/or special features.

Edit: If you already have a thread dedicated to your router table, please post a link!

Last edited:
Rob, mine is the pretty basic Norm inspired , not quite done, still working on it, but does work and function fine router table.

Made out of Birch plywood, cherry face frame with a maple and plexiglass viewing door. Top is 1 1/2" thick with Maple laminate and Cherry border.

Bits, wrenches, etc. fit in the drawers. Fence does double duty on my Mini Max shaper. Piano hinge across the back to allow access underneath to the motor for easy bit changes.

Still need doors on the two lower open areas and dust collection out the back. I also should add the switch in the upper right where just the cord for the router currently exits....a work in progress, going on 2 years.

Attachments

• 100_3295.jpg
    100_3295.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_3296.jpg
    100_3296.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_3297.jpg
    100_3297.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_3298.jpg
    100_3298.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 203
Bill Hylton design from Router Magic
6rt.JPG

6rtbits.JPG

Router Table

It's Norm Abrams old one with the big bottom drawer.
I built Norm's newer fence for it at a later date, but only for the exercise and it's convenient.
Used to use the Router Workshop guys method - two sticks of UHMW 2 x 2 and 2 x 3 about 3 foot long. Clamped them to the overhang in two places as needed. Cut a relief hole in the "back" of the sticks and the appropriate shaped hole in the "front" of the sticks. Slick :rofl:
Use a PC 7539 monster under the Rousseau plate. It pops out for bit changing.
:)

Attachments

• rotrtblw.jpg
    rotrtblw.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 230
Okay, You asked for it!!! :p

Here's mine :)

This is router table #3 - the first one was a store-bought thing that sucked major dookie. The second was my attempt to combine a cheap benchtop table saw and router so that I could use my first incra. There's a big long story here, but I'll spare you the details.

Suffice it to say, this table was intended to be my last table. I went all out and used it as good practice for dovetails and such. I decided to spare no expense and got a new Incra jig, too. The pictures show the new incra, but the table top was too small. I've since replaced the top with one that's 28"x48" that does much better. One day I'll take pics of the new top :)

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 180
  • full-left.jpg
    full-left.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 166
  • templates.jpg
    templates.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 118
  • top-lifted.jpg
    top-lifted.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 175
First picture is the TurboCAD file I designed the sucker with. The different colors are just to make it easer to see the features. Took features from 3 different magazines and combined into my toy.

Attachments

• DSC01023.jpg
    DSC01023.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Router Table frame and drawers.jpg
    Router Table frame and drawers.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 97
Just got it set up few weeks ago after getting the new saw.

I haven’t figured how I wanna do the fence situation yet. I have a Lee Valley fence that used Ttracks in my previous set up but I don’t think I wanna use Ttracks again. For now TS fence works fine

I also plan on something different for the switch I want to be able to turn off with a knee or a hand slap rather than fumble for the toggle

View attachment 5359 View attachment 5360

One thing I did was to beef up the underside of the extension with a piece of baltic birch. The third pic shows this piece and the black line points to 1 of a bunch of threaded inserts and long bolts I added that level the main top by applying pressure from below

View attachment 5361

For Frank, I was able to get a picture of mine:

2007 02 27 004.jpg

It's a Bench Dog. Temporary until I come up with a better solution. I don't like it very much. I've heard good things about the stand-alone Bench Dog tables but this one sucks. The compressor is there to hold the door on. ;)

Mine is really basic but works good for me. The one thing that I do like is that I mounted a foot operated on off switch on the side of the table so that I could turn it on and off with my knee instead of having to have a free hand to do so. I think that I will add a T track to my fence for a holddown feather board. It is the same heigth as my cabinetsaw so that I can use it as an infeed or outfeed table.

Attachments

• routertable1.jpg
    routertable1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 154
  • routertable2.jpg
    routertable2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Which one?:rofl:

I have 2 router tables that have two routers in each one.
I have three of those small steel router stands that came from Sears.
I also have an extension table on my table saw I can drop one in there if needed.

And they are all ugly :eek: ;) :D

Amazing - *another* thread ready made for me to enjoy a surreptitious gloatino.

My router table is a simple scrap ply/fir 'cabinet' I knocked up years ago as a 'temporary' solution. Like most 'temorary' things it seems likely to outlast empires.

Recently I replaced the top so I could install one of those nice Lee Valley steel plate tables (http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=41793&cat=1,43053,43885) to support a likewise new Triton router (http://www.triton.com.au/product.php?id=28). The router chamber has a 4" DC port at the back as well as a 2.5" port for a hose to the top surface where a magnetic scoop attempts to gather the dust. Second picture shows the router mounted in the clamps; I guess I should work out a neat way to connect into the router's own DC stuff. Last picture shows how neatly the height adjuster works to raise the bit above the table.

Attachments

• RouterTable1.jpg
    RouterTable1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 123
  • RouterTable2.jpg
    RouterTable2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 112
  • RouterTable3.jpg
    RouterTable3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Many user's ideas

I used many different user ideas when it came to mine. I used what I thought would work for me. I wanted all of my routers and bits in the same cabinet. Here is what I came up with. Birch ply faced with walnut out of my front yard from 8 years ago.
Hope it helps,
Chuck

Here is my router table before I finished it. LOML got me a Jessem lift, top and fence for Christmas last year so that simplified things. I do not like the drawers on the side very much. Too narrow, and I can never figure out which drawer a bit is in. I like the side load bit storage that Jim Young has in his table much better than my regular drawers.

routertableunfinished.jpg

My main router table is one I got recently on craigslist. Table legs, table top, Rousseau plate and Incra IntelliFence. I have a new Rousseau plate coming to mount my Hitachi MV12. (Currently has a Bosch 1617 on it)

This is my second table is this Rockler Offset table, plate and IncraJig/Fence. I have it mounted on top of my main table now (main router removed to) and use a Bosch 1617 on it. I'll probably mount this on a Craftsman stand with Herc-U-Lift mobile base.

The Craftsman table top separates in the middle to accept the router.

Last edited:
Her is my latest one that I call my RouterStop. I used a server desk/rack for the body that was bought from salvage at work for $5. Table is a 32" X 53" Woodpecker table. Incral LS Pro 25" fence setup and PRL lift with Milwaukee 5625 and Woodpecker's dust cabinet. I show some construction pictures as well. Added a shelf I made with 1/2" plywood and onyx laminate from Menards for $10. For storage I used black Waterloo ball bearing tool chests I got on clearence from Farm and Fleet for $99 each. Hope you like it.

table1.jpg

table2.jpg

fence2-1.jpg

fence.jpg

cabinets.jpg

stand5.jpg

stand4.jpg

stand3.jpg

Here is my one I had on my old Delta saw. It was 1.5" MDF, Oak Edge Trimmed, and then laminated. You can also see the PRL and cabinet here as well. Clamped on a homemade wooden fence that used a Craftsman router fence extrusion. I kept two Unifences on the saw - one for saw and one for the router.

table3.jpg.w560h420.jpg