you canucks are breaking my heart

Allen talking of heart breaking, i was broken hearted to see my fellow Canadians on the west coast behaving in a manner one expects in the third world.

When a hockey game gets you to a state that you stab people and burn cars thats when i think people need to have their head read.

What a way to spoil a great end to the season. There was no doubt the better team won. For Canadians they should have taken pride in the fact that so many of the Boston players come from all over Canada.

But to trash the place like they did and it was not just a few as some would like to have us think. It was many many people that were involved.

This kind of thing brings up a real question for modern day society.

There were those that caused the mayhem, but i also think those that watched and stood by and did nothing but egg them on with cell phone camera in hand are just as guilty of being part of the mess.

The assets that got destroyed belonged to people and to citizens that pay taxes. Somewhere along the line we need to decide when we take a stand for what is right and when the onlooking is unacceptable and we get involved and do as those guys that are overseas in harms way are doing and defend our society and way of life from hooligans.

I am very sorry for the Boston fans to have to have been subjected to this kind of after party. Really bad hospitality on the part of the Canucks fans and it reflects on us all.

At least my NN only hurls abuse at visitors, not gasoline bombs.:D

That's just like Vancouver. Always trying to be like Los Angeles. :rolleyes: :p

I'm with you, Rob. If someone is so obsessed by their favorite sports team that they feel it's appropriate to burn cars and break windows after a loss (or win), it's time to have the ol' noggin examined. ;) Maybe dial back the beers a couple of notches, too.

theres such a simple solution for all this nonsense,

when they break into stores, you issue orders shoot looters on sight, after you mow down the first 20 or so, I guarantee the rest get out of there.
attacking a police car, give the order, you are under seige, if it was a foreign countries forces igniting a police car on fire, the cops would certainly open fire, so open fire on the few idiots who stomp on police cars, noone would do it after that.
Why does anyone tolerate behavior like this, mayhem and destruction.
give the order, everytime, there will never be riots like this.

The canuckle heads have done the same thing twice before so it was no surprise. Boston out played them and were the better team. As for the riot that followed it was more than just a few idiots that came down with the sole purpose to cause problems. Win or loose it would have still happened.

As for shooting them on site, come on really is any property worth taking someones life over? If you go down that road you are no better than the mob mentality that fueled the riot. Look at what happened to a few good guys that tried to stop windows from being smashed they were mobbed by 40 and beaten. All for a chunk of glass that was worth a couple of hundred bucks. For all the glass that was broken was saving one window worth it?

The funniest thing ( if you can find humor in something like this) was the fools that all wanted their pictures taken doing things. I noticed everyone had a cell phone camera out and wanted their 15 minutes of fame or shame and like sheep they just all followed along.

It was more a black eye on the policing or lack of it. They should have had more officers on hand in the begginning and not let it get out of hand as this did happen before in 94. No surprise that it happened again.

Sorry drew, I would issue the order. Im sick and tired of seeing this kind of stuff. Careless disregard for property, lives, pollice officers, it has to stop.

How do people equate winning or losing a sporting event a time to burn down buildings and loot any store they want?
Criminals.
My kids never did anything like that. I never did anything like that. Noone of my friends ever did anything like that.

Last edited:
I just finished reading the local paper here, had some breakfast, and now I can say with certainty, yes, issue the order.
100 people were hospitilized with injuries. Including 9 police officers, one required 14 stiches in his head after some moron attempted to kill him with a brick.
approx 50 businesses destroyed, alot of cars, 2 police cars.

Why is it we have to wait until 4 or 5 people get killed in this nonsense to realize its ok to use lethal force to protect innocent people and their property from deranged animals.

Allen I have to say i agree with you. Drew in Canada we always blame the police. The police are the guys that risk their lives to take up a job to be in the front line of dealing with these miscreatants of society in my view.

Its tolerance of the intolerable that i find unaccpetable. What gets said to the people that had their property damaged that were the real innocents in this. What gets said to the taxpayers that have to fund dealing with both the behavior in the form of needing the police presence and then in the form of damage to government property.

Sorry but i think we tend to err on the side of pure hooligans yet dont err on the side of the victims of this crime. If these people dont have respect for others then they should suffer the consequences.

I would not exactly shoot them, do what the Chinese did back in the day, send them to the artic to a re- education camp. Few years in the cold and hard labor would sort out their attitudes.:D Or better still let them get shipped to China to work for a dollar a day and quickly see how they appreciate where they come from.

I thank some parents tolerated two much bad behavior when raising some kids, that is why they have no respect. I say issue the order, get them out of the gene pool. Oh well this thread could turn ugly, I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself.

Oh don't get me wrong i am not condoning the acts of the thugs but using guns to solve the problems in a riot situation is not the answer. I fully support the police and how difficult a job they have to do and my hat is off to them for keeping their cool and not laying into some of the idiots. I have heard that one of the looters was turned in by his parents. his is the turning point now as people are adding names to the pictures and these idiots will be brought to justice. I just hope that the court system does something that will set an example of the lot of them.