I needed a laugh today

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
And Logans DNA Results are in. Just a quick recap, Logan is the pup that showed up at our back door on Christmas Eve of last year. So other than some medical issues, we didn't have a clue what he was.

Sharon got a DNA test kit at PetSmart and we sent it in.

Apparently he's part Chihuahua and part German Shepherd.. :rofl: :rofl:

Level 2 means they think that the likelihood of that ancestry is 35-75 percent or something. So he's basically 50/50...

I'm questioning their DNA profiling techniques....:huh:

I'm just wondering which one was the mother?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• logandna.jpg
    logandna.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 154
  • FWW-2712.jpg
    FWW-2712.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
You would hope it was a determined little dog breeding the shepard.
We had a basset hound breed an Australian Shepherd. Now those were something, basset bodies with Aussie hair. Oh, one was a morphodite. She/he/it had all the parts of both sexes, my buddy has her, the vet only charged them to castrate and went ahead and did the female parts for free, he has them in a jar in his office! Made counting pups difficult for a couple of days! :rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb:

I think we'll say hes a 'GurrrrrWaWa'... :rofl:

I'm not believing the DNA test though. I really have some serious doubts about the accuracy...

Sounds like the weather forecasts.... I hope they didn't charge you too much for the precision technology offered, BUT.... if they did, then I suggest framing the cert and getting continued laughs out of it!
Good looking pooch from here!
mj

We used a DNA test kit on one of our previous dogs, and the results seemed to make sense, so when we got our latest one, I wanted to get another test kit to see what he was. I was about to order one on Amazon, but then I started reading the reviews. Then I looked at reviews for a couple of the other brands available. The common theme was that a pretty good percentage of the tests come back similar to yours, with one or more breeds that seem so far out of the ballpark that they're simply unbelievable. (Like little lap dogs being identified as Mastiff and German Shepherd mixes.)

I decided not to get the kit. He's a yellow German Shepherd, or a Shepherd/Yellow Lab cross. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Also, I've determined that he has lived in tornado country. He seems to have a thing for hanging out in the bathtub.

attachment.php

He's not particularly fond of baths, but he thinks the tub is a great place to relax. :D

Attachments

• Sunny in the Tub.jpg
    Sunny in the Tub.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 133
We used a DNA test kit on one of our previous dogs, and the results seemed to make sense, so when we got our latest one, I wanted to get another test kit to see what he was. I was about to order one on Amazon, but then I started reading the reviews. Then I looked at reviews for a couple of the other brands available. The common theme was that a pretty good percentage of the tests some back similar to yours, with one or more breeds that seem so far out of the ballpark that they're simply unbelievable. (Like little lap dogs being identified as Mastiff and German Shepherd mixes.)

I decided not to get the kit. He's a yellow German Shepherd, or a Shepherd/Yellow Lab cross. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Also, I've determined that he has lived in tornado country. He seems to have a thing for hanging out in the bathtub.

attachment.php

He's not particularly fond of baths, but he thinks the tub is a great place to relax. :D

That's a good story for sure.

The kit we used was on sale because it was being discontinued. So let's say it's Veracity is in question. But I do find it amusing

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

This is all too funny to me. Its like tins of mountain air.:rofl:

Vaughn I see Queens corgi in your dog and a little bit of lassie along with a mix of Rhodesian ridgeback :D Did i tell you i was related to the dog whisperer except i do paw readings.:rofl::rofl:

You guys are killing me, DNA kits for dogs. Whats next.

Brent i thought you were having us on until Vaughn piped in and i was forced to look it up. :doh::eek:

I'm going for the newer kit...if it comes back the same, well, don't know what to say...we've been robbed :eek::eek:

The thing with the older kit, it did not list the type of dogs our trainer thinks he is, so I'll only get a kit that also covers those breeds.

I'm more curious now, than anything.

But hey, this was the funniest $30 I ever spent :rofl::rofl:

Well, We are gluttons for punishment. Not especially happy with the first one, Sharon had managed to get another DNA test on sale at petsmart. We finally sent it in.

This test at least got some border collie in him.

They claim he's a 'Pug/Border Collie mix crossed with a Chihuahua mix'.

I'm of the mind that he's the first purebred BorchiPuaHua in the world. :D

LogansHeritage.jpg