Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harley boys

Harley boys

I am now a owner of a Sportster 883 bored out to 1200, 2006. My friend John who recently passed away had 2 bikes and the Soft tail ( I have no idea what that is except is big and to much for me) I have been wanting a bike all my life and owning something of John will be really nice plus I am helping Mary out. I pick up the bike tomorrow and a good friend will drive it down from where John lived to the shop, I just need to figure out how to ramp it in here.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Cool, all you need now are tat's and a ponytail.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    yeah thats right he already has the attitude
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Looking forward to see the pics Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    What is a tat?
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Thought I saw a putty tat LOL

Not really............... Tattoo

Steve no tat's for me I hate needles and my hair would take forever to grow out. Hey! Maybe a hat with one of those tails like the guy on Swamp people has.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Very cool Dave, my first Harley was a 1983 '883' I bought from a neighbor in 1990...up-graded from dirt bikes, whole nuther experience sure you'll enjoy!!!

The orange paint job was on it when I got it, then became all black after 'slide testing' it about a month into it watch all of them other folks on the road

& now ya got me thinking about another one {<I think,LOL}

PS: those beer totes were only used for storage back in the day

I'm wanting a motorcycle so bad I can taste it.
    I heard the Harly Electra Drive is the most comfortable one out there. That's what I need, comfort. I looked them up on the HD website. Starting price about $19,000.00. That ain't comfortable.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Deep down inside me there is a Hells Angel that is hiding, waiting to pop out..

I would kill myself in 15 minutes if I ever got on a bike. Never ridden one.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

If I had the chance, I would like to have the Softail, the sportster is not that big but the Softail is not as big as the Electra Glide.

Frank if you think that 19.000 for an ElectraGlide is too much you should know that here they are sold about 25.000Ä that would mean about 35.000$ at the actual exchange rate.

There is a HD distributor near where I live, eventually I had to stop passing in front of it, the owner was fed up off me licking the shopwindow and drooling.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Add me to the list

The interest in a bike from various members here is funny. Add me to the list!

I saw a KLR 650 Dual Sport for sale locally and the bug bit.

Once I saw it I slowed down a bit. I am a short guy and the KLR is a very tall bike. My feet are 6+ inches off the ground. I know there are other options out there that will fit me better.

I had a few bikes when I was young and back then in Florida you could go/do about anything you wanted. Used to fly up and down 26 miles of beach in Stuart, Fl. on one of the first enduro type Yamahas. Today the only beach you can ride on is Daytona and you will be riding beside mini-vans at 20 mph.

I guess it is the memories of the freedom that is drawing me back but in reality much of that freedom is gone forever.

I would love to take a ride from Key West to Deadhorse, AK and take a good look at this beautiful country we live in.

Last time I felt like this I built an airplane and flew all over the country. Guess I just need to wait and see what happens with this itch.

Maybe a Tour De Wood - Bike Style

Larry's beard would look good in the wind.