Router Table Fence Rebuild

Dan Mooney

When I built the router table onto the tablesaw I thought why reinvent the wheel, so for a fence I built one the slipped over the tablesaw fence and I clamped it in place

attachment.php

I very soon discovered the folly in that. As soon as you get a set-up on the tablesaw, you have to move the fence to route something and vice-versa.
I couldn't justify buying another biesmeyer fence, so I thought I'd try to build one.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I seems very stable and firm, we'll see how it bears up with use.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fence.001.jpg
    Fence.001.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Fence.002.jpg
    Fence.002.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Fence.003.jpg
    Fence.003.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Fence.004.jpg
    Fence.004.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Fence.005.jpg
    Fence.005.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 138
Suggestion!!!

if your gonna make that new fence why not have both ends of it anchor solid? i dont think you will be happy when yu have one side solid and start making a cut to find the pushing agains the infeed side has moved your fence enough to affect the cut your after..trust me .. never leave a side loose on routing a piece of stock that has to be right..

if your gonna make that new fence why not have both ends of it anchor solid? i dont think you will be happy when yu have one side solid and start making a cut to find the pushing agains the infeed side has moved your fence enough to affect the cut your after..trust me .. never leave a side loose on routing a piece of stock that has to be right..

I have the workbench back there that would interfere with the end of fence unless the fence is up close to the bit

attachment.php

I may add another clamp tho just in case. That's one of the reasons for posting these pictures, I know you guys have my back to find any possible problems.

Attachments

• Fence.006.jpg
    Fence.006.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 135
in that setup you show now you cant anchor it solid unlees you clamp it to the bench but if you move it forward like for most cuts you can make a angle iron piece along the back side of your table extension to clamp to..

Dan thats genius. I was sold on the first version and had filed it away as my future way to go. :) So boy am i please to see the sequel. Could easily have missed it. Thanks for this fantastic idea. Using the track and all.

And given what Larry has added i am now able to take it into account for my outfeed table build.

I noticed on the new Kreg router table complete with fence they now make a big deal of the locking down on both ends with their T style fence and lock down on other end.

You could solve your problem of locking down the other end easily with the Kreg method or something like it. Take a look at this video it shows their fence and you will see a T type track of something like it that is on the rear of the work surface with a knob to tighten up the locking position one the fence has been set in place.

Your improvised fence is a winner.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Angle Iron Added

I added the Angle Iron as suggested by Larry, I think this will be just the ticket! :thumb:

Thanks Larry, and thanks for the positive comments from everyone else!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fence.007.jpg
    Fence.007.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Fence.008.jpg
    Fence.008.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 127