Pop, Soda, or Coke. Which Is It?

Now that map finally makes sense of what i have experienced all these years with you guys in the USA.

Where i came from we called it cold drink. Then you had to ask what type?

The reply could have been many different brands.:D

But Bob you brought back a childhood memory i think. That is if the RC stands for Royal Crown Cola?

Boy i have never forgotten this stuff. It beat Pepsi and Coke hands down and the bottle was even a little bigger and better looking when i was around 8 years old. :)

Is Royal Crown still available? I gotta get me some if it is that would be a walk down memory lane. Sloppy joe (or in SA slap chips) with a vienna sausage thats been destroyed in the chip frier and a Royal Crown Cola oh boy that was the weekly pocket money gone.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whaaat Jim you take tea. I thought that was only for the English like me?

Or you thinking ice tea or mint tea?

Royal Crown Cola is still available here, although I've not looked for it in the supermarket for a while. (One of the bars where my pool league plays has RC Cola coming from the gun...it's cheaper than Coke or Pepsi.) It's a second choice for me behind Coke.

I dunno about Jim, but it's iced tea for me. Sweetened, but not "sweet tea". I can go through a gallon of it a day at home pretty easily, but if I'm out and about (like at work), I've usually got a Coke close at hand instead.

RC is the best. We have a bottler in Evansville. They bottle something like 200 plus different brands there.

Now for a little trivia for you. RC is the only cola that will stay completely mixed with alcohol. You can mix it with moonshine or whiskey and it will stay mixed. Pepsi and Coke will separate.

For years and years, up until about 10 years ago, I would go to the store to get a "bottle of pop". Which probably was at least part of the reason for my acid reflux. After getting the acid reflux problem taken care of through surgery, I quit drinking "pop". Although it's probably not much better, I now only drink iced tea.