Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Deals On Nice Saw Blades

Thumbs up Great Deals On Nice Saw Blades

Over the years I’ve posted many times preaching against buying cheap blades because they’re usually false economy in the long run, and often don’t perform very well for very long. Every once in a while an opportunity rolls along to buy a very good saw blade at a very good price, and now's the time! Onsrud currently has several blades listed for auction on Ebay that include free s/h….since many folks don’t recognize the name “Onsrud”, they aren’t drawing a lot of bids, meaning that many are being sold uncontested for the initial listing price, which includes shipping. AFAIK, the blades are made in Germany by Leitz, who now owns Onsrud. Leitz is the same company who made the former Delta Industrial blades, the former Irwin Woodworker series, Leitz Pro, H.O. Schumacher and Sohns, and several others. These are typically good $50-$100+ industrial blades. They feature large C-4 carbide tips, laser cut high quality steel bodies, and are precision machined. There’s also a fairly good selection at the moment. For the record, I have no association with this company or this Ebay listing….just wanted to pass along the info (which will likely prompt some bidding competition for the blades, so move fast!) Onsrud blades on Ebay.

I recently purchased their 42T full kerf ATB blade for $15 shipped, which is less than the cost of having a blade sharpened.

Got Wood?

Thanks Scott I'll check it out
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Wow, if I needed any blades I'd be all over that. You are the Blademiester, so if you say a particular blade is good, I believe you.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

as much as I am a Forrest "snob" Leitz-Onsrud makes a quality product and for those prices I may just pick a couple up!
    Thanks for the lead!!

Well, I was in the market for a glue line ripper, and the prices would have probably drawn me in, but alas, it's e-bay and PayPal, so I had to pass. Ordered the Infinity Ripper about an hour ago. Free shipping today and tomorrow on anything over 39.95 with the promo code Sumship11. Or better yet, if you are on their email list, click on the promo and place an order and it automatically does it for you. No, I'm not an employee, and I don't get any specials that everyone else isn't entitled to. Just a happy customer. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    alas, it's e-bay and PayPal, so I had to pass.
    Huh. I've ordered lots of stuff with that combination and never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Ordered the Infinity Ripper about an hour ago. Free shipping today and tomorrow on anything over 39.95 with the promo code Sumship11.
    What site did you visit to place the order?

Kerry, about 6 or 7 years ago, after having excellent history with purchases on my PayPal account tied to a credit card, they decided I had to tie it to a checking or savings account instead. Sorry, not going to happen. Several year later, they say there is a way to reinstate the account, if I let them make a 2.00 refundable charge so they could watch it go through, then they would reopen the account. I bit. They charged me the 2 bucks, never a word from them. Inquired multiple times, asked for my money back....nothing. I felt it only cost me 2 bucks to find out what they were about, and decided to never go back. I have purchased an item or 2 from venders there after I explained what happened and purchased by credit card direct from the company. Note, these were not purchases from an individual. About 2 years ago, they notify me that they have 2 dollars of my money! Tried to contact them, nothing. Another notice saying they would turn my 2 bucks over to the state of Texas for them to hold for me. One of these days, I'll look it up and request it from the state.

Infinity products here: http://www.infinitytools.com/ I've ordered multiple times and love the service. I've even emailed on a Sunday after my order didn't show what I thought it should be, and got an answer back that day!! I was just wanting it to be corrected before shipping. Haven't been disappointed in the saw blades or router bits either. Top notch tools! Ordered their Ripper saw blade and a couple router bits this am. Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 06-24-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Thanks for that post. I just ordered a blade for my CMS. I ordered a 60 tooth blade. Description said it was a negative rake for CMSs. I almost got the 80 tooth but usually don't need such a fine cut. (now watch, I'll come up with project where I do need it. ) Their product descriptions leave something to be desired however. They have two different 60 tooth miter blades with only a 25 cent price difference but don't clarify what the blade differences might be. Being the thrifty sort. I got the $19.50 blade and not the $19.75 one.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I just got an 80 tooth 10" cross cut for 19.50. nice deal. I also have a bid in on the 64 tooth 8.5" for my RAS. Sweet deals there and they're full kerf not the thin kerf which I can't stand using!
    Im looking forward to trying out that 80 tooth on my cabinet saw with some miter work.
    Funny, I have a nice 12" Hitachi compound slider set up on its own bench and it seems to get used for nothing but storage and I use my sliding cabinet saw for everything including trim. Just got in the habit and the quality of the fit of the joints and haven't looked back!

http://www.onsrud.com/xdoc/Saws
    Last edited by Rich Soby; 06-25-2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: added link

Never met an Infinity blade I didn't like Jim...the blades are second to none, and the company is a class act.
    Got Wood?