Great Deals On Nice Saw Blades

scott spencer

Over the years I’ve posted many times preaching against buying cheap blades because they’re usually false economy in the long run, and often don’t perform very well for very long. Every once in a while an opportunity rolls along to buy a very good saw blade at a very good price, and now's the time! Onsrud currently has several blades listed for auction on Ebay that include free s/h….since many folks don’t recognize the name “Onsrud”, they aren’t drawing a lot of bids, meaning that many are being sold uncontested for the initial listing price, which includes shipping. AFAIK, the blades are made in Germany by Leitz, who now owns Onsrud. Leitz is the same company who made the former Delta Industrial blades, the former Irwin Woodworker series, Leitz Pro, H.O. Schumacher and Sohns, and several others. These are typically good $50-$100+ industrial blades. They feature large C-4 carbide tips, laser cut high quality steel bodies, and are precision machined. There’s also a fairly good selection at the moment. For the record, I have no association with this company or this Ebay listing….just wanted to pass along the info (which will likely prompt some bidding competition for the blades, so move fast!) Onsrud blades on Ebay.

I recently purchased their 42T full kerf ATB blade for $15 shipped, which is less than the cost of having a blade sharpened.

ln530iv.jpg

Wow, if I needed any blades I'd be all over that. You are the Blademiester, so if you say a particular blade is good, I believe you. :thumb:

as much as I am a Forrest "snob" Leitz-Onsrud makes a quality product and for those prices I may just pick a couple up!
Thanks for the lead!!

Well, I was in the market for a glue line ripper, and the prices would have probably drawn me in, but alas, it's e-bay and PayPal, so I had to pass. Ordered the Infinity Ripper about an hour ago. Free shipping today and tomorrow on anything over 39.95 with the promo code Sumship11. Or better yet, if you are on their email list, click on the promo and place an order and it automatically does it for you. No, I'm not an employee, and I don't get any specials that everyone else isn't entitled to. Just a happy customer. Jim.

Kerry, about 6 or 7 years ago, after having excellent history with purchases on my PayPal account tied to a credit card, they decided I had to tie it to a checking or savings account instead. Sorry, not going to happen. Several year later, they say there is a way to reinstate the account, if I let them make a 2.00 refundable charge so they could watch it go through, then they would reopen the account. I bit. They charged me the 2 bucks, never a word from them. Inquired multiple times, asked for my money back....nothing. I felt it only cost me 2 bucks to find out what they were about, and decided to never go back. I have purchased an item or 2 from venders there after I explained what happened and purchased by credit card direct from the company. Note, these were not purchases from an individual. About 2 years ago, they notify me that they have 2 dollars of my money! Tried to contact them, nothing. Another notice saying they would turn my 2 bucks over to the state of Texas for them to hold for me. One of these days, I'll look it up and request it from the state.

Infinity products here: http://www.infinitytools.com/ I've ordered multiple times and love the service. I've even emailed on a Sunday after my order didn't show what I thought it should be, and got an answer back that day!! I was just wanting it to be corrected before shipping. Haven't been disappointed in the saw blades or router bits either. Top notch tools! Ordered their Ripper saw blade and a couple router bits this am. Jim.

Last edited:
Thanks for that post. I just ordered a blade for my CMS. I ordered a 60 tooth blade. Description said it was a negative rake for CMSs. I almost got the 80 tooth but usually don't need such a fine cut. (now watch, I'll come up with project where I do need it. :rolleyes: ) Their product descriptions leave something to be desired however. They have two different 60 tooth miter blades with only a 25 cent price difference but don't clarify what the blade differences might be. :dunno: Being the thrifty sort. :eek: I got the $19.50 blade and not the $19.75 one.

I just got an 80 tooth 10" cross cut for 19.50. nice deal. I also have a bid in on the 64 tooth 8.5" for my RAS. Sweet deals there and they're full kerf not the thin kerf which I can't stand using! :thumb:
Im looking forward to trying out that 80 tooth on my cabinet saw with some miter work.
Funny, I have a nice 12" Hitachi compound slider set up on its own bench and it seems to get used for nothing but storage and I use my sliding cabinet saw for everything including trim. Just got in the habit and the quality of the fit of the joints and haven't looked back!

http://www.onsrud.com/xdoc/Saws

Last edited:
Their product descriptions leave something to be desired however. They have two different 60 tooth miter blades with only a 25 cent price difference but don't clarify what the blade differences might be. :dunno: Being the thrifty sort. :eek: I got the $19.50 blade and not the $19.75 one.

MTR-10-126-60 is .126" kerf and is $19.50

Diameter: 10"
Kerf: .126"
Teeth: 60
Bore: 5/8"
Plate: .087"
Hook / Relief: -6 deg / 15 degree
Grind: ATB

MTR-10-098-60 is .098" kerf and is $19.75
Diameter: 10"
Kerf: .098" Thin Kerf Blade
Teeth: 60
Bore: 5/8"
Plate: .070"
Hook / Relief: -6 deg / 15 degree
Grind: ATB

All the info above is right off the eBay listing.

Mike

one is a full kerf and one is a thin kerf. I'd opt for the full kerf myself

Also, if anyone is still looking for a good dado set they have several on there and the bidding is around mid 50.00 range

My Onsrud blade came yesterday. Well packed, overkill really.
Anyhow, I installed but was not able to do so without removing the auto retracting safety shield on my CMS. Was not able to get safety device back on. It is designed like some kind of fiendish torture machine. One impossibly tiny screw popped out and vanished. After two hours of fiddling I gave up.
Anyhow, the new blade cuts very nicely. Clean cuts and I can't feel it actually chewing through the wood like I could with the original blade. Money well spent. I'm going to get one for the table saw also.

Attachments

• Onsrud blade.jpg
    Onsrud blade.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 16
Yup, Mine came yesterday as well. I have yet to put it on, but it certainly looks good.

I've been needing a full kerf blade for my table saw for a while. Thanks for the tip!

Well..... Forrest snob that I am, I have to confess I have purchased 4 of these so far and they have performed very well. All 4 are full kerf 2 cross cut and 2 miter. the cross cuts are 10 inch one is a triple chip grind and the other is atb 80 tooth and I got an 8.5 miter and 12 inch 96 tooth miter just showed up. The cross cut atb goes through maple like butter. I can definitely say I would highly recommend these blades if anyone is in the market for replacements or specialized cutting. I noticed that he also has a couple of nice dado sets for a very very reasonable price!

I've grabbed two so far, and am pleased with the quality of the blades....two blades for < $27 shipped! Geez, some Ebayers charge that for shipping two blades! :dunno:

I've seen some pics of two of the dado sets in use posted by other wwers...the 8" 12T/2T set for $32 that looks like the basic Freud set, and 8" 42T/6T set for $62 that looks like the Systimatic Superfine. Both looked to do at very nice job from what I could tell, and both owners are very happy with them.

Thanks to "firemedic":
26232d1310233498t-onsrud-dado-stack-review-image-2277069953.jpg
26246d1310246629t-onsrud-dado-stack-review-image-3571040757.jpg
26245d1310245697t-onsrud-dado-stack-review-image-1836372422.jpg
26255d1310247782t-onsrud-dado-stack-review-image-1755585012.jpg

Thanks to "Dodgeboy77":
26521d1310915955t-onsrud-dado-stack-review-dado.jpg
26569d1310946459t-onsrud-dado-stack-review-cherry2.jpg
26580d1310947724t-onsrud-dado-stack-review-ply2.jpg