busy day

Jim Burr

Today...my daughter who wasn't supposed to make it past 5 due to cancer made it to 21:D
At the same time, my son entered the Marine Corp OCS headed to JAG because I worked SOG. He wants to have fun without anyone knowing about it;). At least he has to salute me for a while :rofl::rofl:
At the same time a friend at work saw me today and asked me to talk to his family...his niece has a huge mass in her lung, much larger than mine and it's causing some anatomical displacement. Having just gone through the surgery, his family wants to talk to someone that's been there. I am a horrible reader of people, but I've known him for years...he was scared. His niece is 18 and just graduated from high school. We're all tired now;)

Sounds like a busy day indeed. Congrats to both of your "kids", and your coworker is fortunate to have you as a friend and resource.

Jim, those types of emotional days for me are way more draining than labor intensive days. Congrats on the son and daughter, thank your son for me for his service. In times of helplessness, it is great to have a friend to lean on and am confident you are a positive resource for them.
When my wife had a mass removed from her uteris, I took her to the hospital and stayed by my lonesome, a friend showed up out of the blue. Thought I was alright, saw him and bawled like a baby for a few minutes. Support is a great thing.