Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday 6/24

Santa Claus, In

It's Friday 6/24

Ok another Friday is upon us.

Going to the drive-in tonight. Cars 2 is showing and the weather will be great.
    Shop time is a given and so is the homework to be finished.

So what's going on in your neighborhood?
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Outside the beltway
    Well, I just bought the Sportster last night and thinking of flipping it, and then I want to do all the finial touches to the shot gun before browing the iron. I would like to go fishing.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

DSM, IA
    Shop time tonight and tomorrow morning. Making a dartboard cabinet for a friends 40th birthday. Nothing fancy, just some scrap wood and basic pocket screw stuff. It's for his man cave barn, which isn't fancy either...should fit just fine. The party is tomorrow night at his barn...hope I can get it done on time.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Reno NV
    Need to have a work project done by end of next week, so probably a fair amount of workwork this weekend. I will spend a little time getting the shop ready for Sharon and I to work on our Toy Swap projects, but that's probably about it...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Shop time all weekend. Working on the bed plus starting on the toy swap.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

new york city burbs
    gonna put a coat of finish on one project, probably just sit around and take a rest, maybe do some cleanup around the home.

Reno, Nv
    Getting the shelf up for the belt/disc sander. Cigar sampling!! I sold my Goldwing the big lathe will be one the way and I grabbed a Grizzly Sharpening system with a couple of jigs. So now I HAVE to get the shop really organized and cleaned The good news is the temps are only going to be in the mid 90's...down from 107 Tuesday
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Taking wife out for a belated anniversary dinner tonight.
    Tomorrow, I'm donning my Revolutionary Rifleman outfit and going to our areas annual Red, White and Blue event at the fairgrounds for a patriotic ceremony. Outfit is very warm, I nearly passed out from the heat last year.
    Sunday, church and, if not too hot, some yard work.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Constantine, MI
    Arbor goes in tomorrow. Then some repair work on the pool filter pump followed by shop time!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Salem, OR
    Shoptime, I need to finish sanding some candle holder I'm making for a wedding gift and practice spin painting before I apply this finish to the top of the holders. I got this idea from the UK magazine "Woodturning". I will post the finished project when it's completed.

Added the spin painting finish to the tops of the candle holders.
    Last edited by Jim Krager; 06-27-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    "Have no fear of perfection--you'll never reach it."
    ---Salvador Dali