In the Begining Dave created .............

Well I do create:rofl:
I started spraying way back in high school when I took body shop. Then after the army and marriage I started painting new homes with a sprayer and brush the came the 1st shop in 90 and it was all lacquer from there when spraying except for the occasional, epoxy, water born and oil.
I do remember having a cheep little Wagner way back when. But I still have my big Graco house sprayer and a couple of pot sprayers. I use 3 different guns, color , sealer and finish. 1 mask and a big spray booth.

Dave, I'll bet you spray with a gun more in a month than I've done in my life. :)

I bought one of the cheap Wagner airless sprayers years ago to paint a popcorn ceiling. Would have been easier to just scrape the ceiling clean and re-texture it. :rolleyes: I think I went through 2 gallons of latex paint to do a 12 x 14 ceiling, and I still ended up having to use a long nap roller to get it done. Got a lot of paint on the dropcloth and myself, though. :p And man, that thing was LOUD. :eek:

A few years ago I picked up a cheap HVLP turbine from Rockler or Harbor Freight. (I forget, and the units from both places are essentially identical.) It produces acceptable results with water-based stuff. I've not tried any solvent-based finishes with it.

Then a few years after that, I got a relatively high-end Italian mini HVLP gravity feed gun. It showed me what a good gun can do. I've sprayed alcohol-based dyes and waterbased finishes, and it produces great results. For my occasional needs, which have been primarily on turned pieces, the mini gun has been the right size. If I was working on cabinets, the bigger gun might be handier.

I'm envious of your spray booth. That's something I'd like to have in my next shop. For now, I just have a V-shaped cardboard backstop on a bench. :eek:

Vaughn , if you do a search in Granger catalog for spray booth fans to check out there prices and size. Their not that much and very easy to wall install. I built a filter system for the one at the home shop that works great. All you need to do is knock a hole in the wall. They have vents that close when off.