First time...

Jim Burr

So for a while now blank casting has been something I've been looking at. Grabbed a kit from CSUSA a while back and didn't do anything with it. EBay had a Pearl-Ex 32ct sample pack for about $20 that came home with me. Last night, with the help of some IAP guys, Les Elm and Mack Cameron, I made my own blank! It's a take-off of a Alchemy style, but I didn’t want to copy it directly. Some other colors were added to the bronze so I didn’t feel like a bozo. Mesa kit from Woodturningz, polished to 1200 and renwax'd. Plenty of flaws:(...air bubbles and the copper was reacting really fast and it could have been mixed earlier. Live and learn! Gonna carry this one for a while :D To quote my wife..."you're going to be insufferably proud of yourself for at least a week...maybe I can use it after that" I told her "no":eek: I have one more blank left:doh:

Attachments

• blanks.jpg
    blanks.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 34
  • pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 40
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 37
Hi,

Those colors look good enough to eat. The pens are beautiful!

Enjoy,

Jim

About 50 years ago when I would see a beautiful color I would say, "Gee that looks good enough to eat." It didn't matter if the object was a flower, a car or a piece of plastic.

I used that expression for many years---until (you knew this was coming didn't you?)

I had a very pretty lady in the exam chair. She was a bit on the buxom side and was wearing a fantastic colored wool sweater. Well I looked down and you know what I said.

Enjoy,

Jim

Looks real pro to me. Congrats on entering the casting world.
Quiet like your wifes comment, what our wiveshave to put up with eh?
I often wish i could do a superman stunt and see inside tbeir head as to what they really thinking when we go sbowing off our latest efforts to them (lol)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk