Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glass Repairs

Glass Repairs

After 3 years I finally got some of my stained glass stuff out again. I'm getting ready to make some landscaping lights for around our house. Packed away I had a dozen pieces that needed repairs, so I though I'd get them fixed first to give some inspiration.

All of them had wing damage, mostly from things getting dropped or blown over on them.

This is one of my favorites I made. The tulip lights up with a wedge type bulb. This one had 'Buddy' damage. Buddy was a teething black lab.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20110626_163704.jpg   IMG_20110626_182329.jpg   IMG_20110626_182252.jpg   IMG_20110626_181538.jpg   IMG_20110626_181552.jpg  

IMG_20110626_181601.jpg  
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

A man of many talents

I've always wanted to try working with stained glass. Those are beautiful
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I gotta tell ya Darren...I'm a not a fan of "yard art"...to many images of pink Flamingos and past Lotto winners ...these however are really cool! Stacey has wanted to jump in on stained glass for a long time...I going to show her your stuff to get some motivation out of the girl!!!! Expect a pm
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Darren love what ya did there. My wife and mother in law would love to have some of them. only tried stain glass one time and decided it wasn't for me, two many broken pieces and two many cuts to the hand. Great job by the way.

Very cool....
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Very nice!
    "Have no fear of perfection--you'll never reach it."
    ---Salvador Dali

Thanks all, I appreciate the comments

It was a fun hobby at one time, then I tried to make a business of it, which turned into work. I hit my limit and it wasn't fun anymore. I really enjoyed doing the repairs yesterday so there is hope I'll get back into doing some glass work again. I was surprised by how much material I still had and forgot about.

Jim, I'd be happy to answer any questions. You might look for a local shop that does lessons, she should be able to pick it up in no time at all
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

glad you got that uncoverd daren,, looks great.. i was able to see some of that art form in a store near me where the guy made whole pictures out many pieces and styles it was awesome to see.. and they got alot for them too...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Very pretty.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    glad you got that uncoverd daren,, looks great.. i was able to see some of that art form in a store near me where the guy made whole pictures out many pieces and styles it was awesome to see.. and they got alot for them too...
    Yeah, never could get anyone to pay much for mine, was hard to get back what I had in some items just to pay for materials, let alone time. I ended up selling most of my lights for $45 to $60 each, mostly on ebay, but I only made about $3 per hour paying myself to make them.

I never tried putting any of my work in at any galleries though, just wasn't an available option at the time.
    Darren