If you could build 1

If you could build one item, cost and time not being a factor, what would it be? Now I am not talking about a house or something like that. A woodworking item.

For me, it would be a Grandfather clock. I don't know why, we have one already. I think it would just be cool.

But I really want to build a large shop, one half of a double car garage just isn't big enough. My wife wants me to remodel the kitchen. But I want to someday turn a large segmented bowl, something like what Malcolm Tibbetts creates. :)

A fairly detailed bar & back bar set I guess would be on my cool list. Maybe a few wooden toys to go with it, such as a pool table and a couple of wooden pin-ball machines.

A really once off fancy tool cupboard like we see on the back of Fine Woodworking. But i am thinking ridiculously fancy. Something that no one would want to chuck away one day.:)

But Steve one is a very short list;)

My goal is to build an 8 foot trestle table and 8 chairs within the next year. The table won't be too hard but making a Federal or early American chair really makes me nervous. I really need to work on my confidence.:(

I'd really like to build a canoe, but not much reason for one here anymore.

I'd actually just like to finish the dining room table I've got started at this point.

I'd like to build a Maloof style rocker. I know a fellow who has built 3, and man are those thing comfortable!

I would like to build a complete bedroom set. I guess I get to start with the baby bed for my daughter.

I'd have a hard time narrowing it down to just one, but both of these are on my bucket list. I'd also like to build a nice acoustic guitar before I completely forget how to play it. :rolleyes:

I would love to build a piece of fine furniture using only hand tools and period finishes (of the lead free type of course...)
Just to feel how it was done and gain a further appreciation for the tooling and methods these folks employed to create some of the masterpieces we see still around today.

Something I have always wanted to build is a really nice Easel. Just seems I have never gotten around to it. I was given a round to it once so I could get around to it but I never got around to it so maybe one day I will get another round to it so I can get around to it.

A complete arts & crafts living room set - Morris chair, Stickley settle, coffee and end tables. On my list, just can't convince Jan that it's a good idea.

A Hal Taylor rocking chair. I popped for the plans and instructional DVD last xmas. Maybe this year I will buy the wood (approximately $750 for suitable black walnut).