Thread: Rietveld?

Rietveld?

It's been pretty quiet here.

Is anyone into his style? Discuss.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 06-29-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

I saw some pics of his work in a design mag recently...I do like it, but it would never work in my home...I also wouldn't sit on this chair of his...I'm a bit too "thick" to be sure it would hold me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zig_zag_gerrit_thomas_rietveld.jpg  
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

A friend of mine built a chair using similar construction. I was worried about trusting my lard on it but it was quite nice. And it never complained even once.

That is a beautiful chair to say the least! I would not sit on it until he put a 4x4 upright under it! If I were a calf in a feedlot, I am "overconditioned"!!!!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

I'm right there next to you at the feed trough.

Dave the Rietveld design concept looks well to me "unfinished" Kinda like something you string together on a job site from left over construction timber.

Now that box joint chair thats neat but i am also in the "conditioned" category. I even had difficulty sitting in a similar chair at the store when looking at a new set of outdoor furniture the other day. Similar design nothing in the rear to support my weight.
    cheers