Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: WOW Montgomery county came in 2nd Place

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Outside the beltway
    Posts
    5,250

    WOW Montgomery county came in 2nd Place

    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...ve-in-america/

    We are the wealthiest county in the country or in the top 3, this is not unexpected either.
    Last edited by Dave Hawksford; 06-30-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

  2. #2

    NOVA!!

    Friend-I ran away across the river a couple of years ago. I like the layout of Mont County (Almost like a park, Poor Pepco lol) but love the climate in NOVA better..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Outside the beltway
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Cooper View Post
    Friend-I ran away across the river a couple of years ago. I like the layout of Mont County (Almost like a park, Poor Pepco lol) but love the climate in NOVA better..
    Roy, your in N. Va ?
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    Roy, your in N. Va ?
    Dave-Yes live in Vienna by Tysons Corner-work in Rockville ended up here from Michigan via the Marines after 10 years 5 Years ago...Like the area. I have some property in West Va that I run away to (like this weekend). I joined the site as I have some wood my father gave me from Michigan 100 yr old red wood and fir that I plan to make some tables out of....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Delton, Michigan
    Posts
    17,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Cooper View Post
    Dave-Yes live in Vienna by Tysons Corner-work in Rockville ended up here from Michigan via the Marines after 10 years 5 Years ago...Like the area. I have some property in West Va that I run away to (like this weekend). I joined the site as I have some wood my father gave me from Michigan 100 yr old red wood and fir that I plan to make some tables out of....
    so mister cooper, is it ten yrs or or is ten plus five and you should have stayed in michigan,, how did your dad come across a redwood in michigan? that will make some fine tables.. and welcome to the group
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ABQ NM
    Posts
    30,014
    Welcome aboard, Roy.

    Dave, I see we've got you beat. (The CoC prevents me from saying much more about the subject.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

    workingwoods.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Amherst, New Hampshire
    Posts
    10,604
    Welcome Roy !!!
    Faith, Hope & Charity

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    so mister cooper, is it ten yrs or or is ten plus five and you should have stayed in michigan,, how did your dad come across a redwood in michigan? that will make some fine tables.. and welcome to the group

    Larry-That would be 10 years in the Marines and 5 years in the NCR area. The redwood story is great as we have it for our holding tanks for the cucumbers we produce at my dad's plant in Michigan. We are converting over to Firberglass and one of the tax stamps from 150yrs ago stamped RedWood and came over from California-around the tip of Sourth America-off loaded in Massachusetts and then brought to the area for the original owner of the plant. They are nice 15 foot planks between 6-8 inches wide and 3-6 inches thick. I just drove some down, planned it and squared them up as they are coped for the round tanks....and yes now missing michigan they just need more Thai Food. I will be in Traverse City for Vaca at the end of July...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Delton, Michigan
    Posts
    17,471
    well wave when yu drive by,, and enjoy your stay back home for the vacation..i am about 3.5 hrs south of your stomping grounds, but have hunted and fished up there some..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Similar Threads

  1. The Woodworking Shows - Orange County, CA 2014
    By glenn bradley in forum General Woodworking Q&A
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 10:30 PM
  2. Photos from the LA County Fair (sorry dial-up guys...lots of pics)
    By Vaughn McMillan in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 06:33 PM
  3. Award winner in Baxter County......
    By Frank Fusco in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 10:28 PM
  4. Went to the County Fair Yesterday
    By Sean Wright in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 06:20 AM
  5. Montgomery County PA Woodworking Guild
    By Tom Henry in forum General Woodworking Q&A
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 09:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •