Another box

One for my brother out in Maine, just a 'thinking of you' surprise...not quite ready to ship, I think I'm going to give flocking a try on this.
anyways...maple, & walnut, & spray can lacquer...name was done in what I call reverse routing where you route around the letters leaving them proud {?:dunno:} letters were stained with an artist type paint brush, but it must of been out of the 'artist' part :rofl:... & one of those Rockler lazer cut{?} applique's thingy majigs on the face/front, just because I had it laying around for ages it seems :huh:...

mini-DSCF3936.jpg mini-DSCF3935.jpg
mini-DSCF3934.jpg

Hope you all have a wonderful safe Holiday weekend!!! :D

Sweet! :thumb: Your brother is sure to be pleased with the surprise.

I've used the flocking kits from Rockler and gotten great results with the stuff. It's also durable...I flocked the dividers in my pool cue case about 4 or 5 years ago and they're still holding up nicely despite weekly pool matches.

Thanks Vaughn, I'm not at all familiar with flocking, is it simply applying some adhesive and shaking whatever it is all around to coat? Rockler's only about 3 miles from here, I'll have to figure out what color :huh: That peel & stick stuff can really be a bear to apply and have it look good :eek:

Another on here that thinks you cheating Ken but keep it up :)

Oh oh Vaughn looks like the month of June/ July is turning into oh teacher we need you.:)

Another here that has never done it knows nothing about it and always been weary of durability so its good to hear your report but now we need you to spill the beans on how to do:)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

The flocking is easy. :thumb: You brush on the adhesive (colored to match the fibers), then while it's still wet, coat it heavily with the fuzzy stuff. The kit includes a cardboard tube "puffer" to sort of spray the fibers onto the glue. Put it on heavy, then let it sit overnight to dry. After it has dried, you just knock or blow the excess fibers off (I do it onto a bag or box so I can save the leftovers.) If there are any bare or sparse spots, you can just apply more glue to those spots and repeat the process. Once it's all finished, you can't tell there was any patching done.

Great job Ken! very nice contrast on the colors. The keys stand out nicely as well. Very nice job on the raised letters,very crisp and clean. Your brother should be very happy with that one for sure!:thumb::thumb: