Power problems with the new saw

Just checked the tracking number that was sent with the shipping confirmation. It is in Vancouver BC already with expected delivery to Victoria on monday. Wow now that is what I call great service. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Oh darn guess what I am doing this weekend.

Well I spent last night cleaning and changing the shop around to try to figure out the best way to get the new tool to work. Moved the jointer around and made a big space near the lathe. I realised that I need to build a proper shop as the two car garage is just not the best set up for a shop. One wall is total door and the other is cluttered with pantry and fridge and hotwater tank and central vac and access door to the crawl space and 4 ft window and door to outside and one into the house. Geez It is amazing as to just how little working space I actually have. I have all the free wall space taken up with clamps and shelving and cabinets. My table saw looks more like a storage table than a table saw. I have no idea how Stu and Alex do it with the spacing they have as I feel cluttered and tripping over myself in a 20x20 gagarge. I have to move 20 things just to get access to the one tool that I need. :doh::doh:

The grizzly has landed

Recieved the call today and when I got home this is what was in the driveway. :thumb::thumb::thumb: Tomorrow I will get some wire and hook it up. :thumb::thumb::thumb::D:D:D

Attachments

• The grizzly has landed 137 - Copy.JPG
    The grizzly has landed 137 - Copy.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 39
  • The grizzly has landed 144 - Copy.JPG
    The grizzly has landed 144 - Copy.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 37
  • The grizzly has landed 152 - Copy.JPG
    The grizzly has landed 152 - Copy.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 38
  • The grizzly has landed 157 - Copy.JPG
    The grizzly has landed 157 - Copy.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 93
  • The grizzly has landed 173 - Copy.JPG
    The grizzly has landed 173 - Copy.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 38
  • The grizzly has landed 176 - Copy.JPG
    The grizzly has landed 176 - Copy.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 38
Like%20Button%20Full.jpg

Oh and an interesting story from the delivery guy (as he was telling the wife) They had some confusion as to which saw I was getting as there were two of the same saw from Grizzly that arrived at the same time. Different parties. :eek: Still pretty impressive 7 days from the time of the order to the date of delivery and through customs to boot. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great delivery service from Grizzly. I was contacted by Fed X to see if I wanted mine delivered in 3 days. I had to put them off until Tuesday. Grizzly seems to be on the stick.

I know Glenn has been very happy with his Grizzly machines. I purchased some Forstner bits from Griz. They cut so fast and smooth compared to all of my previous Forstner's. The first time I used the 3 inch, I thought it was going to suck bit, drill and me right on through the hole.

Enjoy,

Jim

Here is an update on the saw. I picked up a plug ( that didn't fit) and I swaped out the one on my jointer ( just to use it to check out the machine). I did all the wiring and plugged it in and nothing happened. :eek: So I pulled out the manuals that came with it and started to do some reading. Still could not find a reason that it wouldn't work. I pondered and checked out this and that and opened up the wiring scratched my head a bit and brought out the multi-tester and checked out the wiring to assure that the 220 was there and there was no short in the wire. I looked at the color pics of the wiring (like that would help) and scratrched my head some more. Almost at the end of my scratching I opened up the switch cover and there it was, two wires not connected. Of course the wire colors don't match the pics in the manuals, but the kind folks from Grizzly did provide the schematics and though it has been years since i did an electronics tech course ( 1980) I still remembered a few things. After tracing the wires, I figured out where they belonged ( seemed they used different colored wires) and with a flick of the switch it roared to life.:thumb::thumb: Now I just have to do all the adjustments and I will get to play with it. Oh and for the inqiry about it's use. I bought this saw for my turning more than I bought it for flat work. Though I do have some 20 ft lenghts of clear 1x6 cedar that has been waiting 3 yrs for this beast so that I can get started on that kayak. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
I bought this saw for my turning more than I bought it for flat work. Though I do have some 20 ft lenghts of clear 1x6 cedar that has been waiting 3 yrs for this beast so that I can get started on that kayak. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ah heck, who cares why, Band Saws are just a lot of fun to use... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Congrats on getting it up and running! :thumb: