FIL's urn

Well it is what it is.First time tring this kind of finish and first urn that turned out good enough to use. My wife choise the design and the finish so as long as Sher and my mother in law are happy i guess i'm all right with it.
Had a heck of a time getting the last 3 inches hollowed as i don't have a hollowing rig.(on my to get list for sure) Will never try this with out one again.:eek: Size is 8 wide at the top, 5 inches at the bottom, and 11 1/2 tall.
Ok lets here all the comments as i really think it looks like a milk can my grandfather used when he had his farm.:eek:
Steve

Attachments

• 003 [800x600].JPG
    003 [800x600].JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 004 [800x600].JPG
    004 [800x600].JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 57
I like it. I like the coloring of it and the threaded coupling.

I like the irony of a a hi-tech aero engineer with an earthy urn.

Well done.... :thumb: :thumb:

Nice job bud...You did a cool job of keeping it simple and honorable. Looks like PVC for the threads? Hope you guys find peace.

Stephen, looks top notch to me. Can't imagine all the thoughts going through your head while turning that piece. Making something like that is a challenge for me as I don't have the hollowing rig either. But then the reason for the object, I cannot imagine the range of emotions you dealt with. I think it is a beautiful form and obviously made with love and respect. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I think you did a great job, Steve. :thumb: Nice form, color, and wood, and I like the PVC thread idea. I need to turn an urn for my ex-wife's dog, and I'm planning to do the thread thing on it, too. I didn't use thread on my MIL's urn, and wish that I had.

All my best to your wife and the rest of the family.

Looks good from here. If the family likes it, and I'm sure they will, you have done well. The plastic threads look out of place with top off but I'm sure they are necessary considering the intended use. :thumb: