Thread: 0 to 150 in 3 seconds

0 to 150 in 3 seconds

It was a week before my wife's birthday and I asked her what she would like for her birthday. About a half and hour later she said that she would like for her present something that would go 0 to 150 in 3 seconds.

I pondered the request for a couple of days and went out to buy her present. I stopped at a birthday type store and purchased a perfect birthday card and really good birthday type wrapping paper. I wrapped up the present at best I could (at christmas I get my daughter to wrap my presents up...I use a roll of tape up for each gift) and signed the card with the usually I love you type wording.

The day of the birthday I proudly gave my birthday present ( its what she asked for ) to my wife of 35 years of marriage. I stood there beaming that I had fullfilled my wifes birthday present request...batheroom weight scales.

The yelling and cold shoulder started...a dozen roses next year.
    Rod

Sarnia, Ontario

So what your saying is that you got her the gift she was asking for. Her anger level went from 0-150 in 3 seconds. Impressive.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    So what your saying is that you got her a gift that met her requirements. Her anger level went from 0-150 in .3 seconds. Impressive.

There, I fixed it for ya. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

WOW, your a brave man!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    There, I fixed it for ya. Jim.
    Well isn't this a fine case of censorship. I beg to differ with your assumption that it needed fixing Jim I feel that it was fine just the way I posted it.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

This is why men are from Mars. What she was asking for was a 429 Gran Torino...from the early 70's. And not the "wagon"

Sounds like the wife who was complaining about the sagging upper half, or the increasing lower half, etc. She wanted a compliment and was told that her eyesite was perfect.

Man it has been terribly hot here the past couple days. Overheated yesterday working outside before noon. With this heat comes quick tempers. It is a dang gone joke that looks like it is going to ruin some good feelings or get to far. Everybody enjoy this weekend and thank the soldiers for allowing us to keep this country as free as it is. Happy 4th of July everyone.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING