my crank organ adventure

This is my first attempt at making the John Smith Busker organ. I am pleased to say after a month and a week I am on the home stretch. The organ plays but a few of the pipes still need to be adjusted. I love the sound and I cant wait to play this thing in Washington Square Park! :)

Attachments

• IMG_5073.JPG
    IMG_5073.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5091.JPG
    IMG_5091.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5117.JPG
    IMG_5117.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5126.JPG
    IMG_5126.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5138.JPG
    IMG_5138.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5145.JPG
    IMG_5145.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5192.JPG
    IMG_5192.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5197.jpg
    IMG_5197.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5225.JPG
    IMG_5225.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5081.jpg
    IMG_5081.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 29
Looks great Mario! If you did all that in a month and a week then you indeed have my respect. I've been there done that and it took me about 3+ months and I worked on it several hours every day.
Now...of course no organ project is complete without a video :D so I look forward to watching that soon.
Looks like you did a very nice job on it. Well done.

Frank you NEED to make one! it's worth every long hour of work. I woke up an hour early every morning, and skipped watching T.V every night. Jay is like a mentor/coach. Every time I had trouble we skyped, and he showed me what I was doing wrong. Jay is awesome. thanks for checking out my pics!

thanks Tom! thanks Vaughn! Tom you are 100 percent correct. A video is coming!. Honestly, the delay is that I made the biggest mistake on Friday. I decided to extend the holes in my tracker bar with an exacto knife. The problem was I had all the pipes attached with the tubing when I did this!!!!. 8 of my pipes had small pieces of wood trapped within the lips, making them faint in sound. Long story short. It took me two days to fix my mess-up. A mistake I will never repeat again! lol

Frank you NEED to make one! it's worth every long hour of work. I woke up an hour early every morning, and skipped watching T.V every night. Jay is like a mentor/coach. Every time I had trouble we skyped, and he showed me what I was doing wrong. Jay is awesome. thanks for checking out my pics!

Thanks for the encouragement. But, my patience quotient and skill levels are no where near what is required for a project like that.

Hey Mario.......very cool. Your going to have a blast with that. The case looks good and it sounded good as well.

Thanks for the video and welcome to the club. There are not very many of us.