Sandpaper Disc Station

I actually ordered one and I'm going to see if it can be modified for Festool.

I made one a couple of years ago, Disk Server and have since made more and updated ot for Festool.

The disks will curl if you store the paper on the pins and if the pins are a loose fit. but if you use 3/8" dowels sanded down a little and space them accurately the disks are tight and wont curl.

I usually dont store the disks on the server but load it when I'm sanding simply because it is less frustrating to use it to align the holes then doing it by hand.

THAT'S where I saw that thing!:doh: I can always count on you Bill! :thumb:

DT

Hi folks,

here’s how I store my sandpaper.

Disks for 6" Festool ROS:
There are two or three disks of each grit in the Systainer of the ROS. So whenever I’m in need of the sander I can just grab the Systainer knowing that it contains everything I need.
The rest of the disks is stored in the original boxes and I also use some "disk tables" (very similar to Bill's server) for disks that didn’t came in boxes.

Sandpaper for hand-usage:
I have three roles of sandpaper that are stored at the shop-built holder (see attached pic).

Gesamtbild_SS_01.JPG

My palm sander also works with this kind of standard paper.

Belts for the belt sander can be found in the belt sander’s Systainer and at and under my workbench (that has been degraded to a "all kind of stuff is lying around table").

BS_SYS01.jpg

Regards,

Christian

Hi Per,

from what I already know, that Kapex is THE 10" SCMS available at the moment (or in a few weeks). "Unfortunately", I already own a Makita LS1013. The Kapex offers some nice features that I would greatly appreciate. But, honestly, while the Makita isn't a Kapex, it's still a good saw. And mine isn't even two years old.
Long story short, I can't justify the purchase of the Kapex right now.

Regards,

Christian

It curls

Per

That is really funny Per, that is the first thing I thought of when I saw this type of thing elsewhere. I guess if you live in a really dry place, fine, but here, our RH swings are HUGE and all of my sanding disks are U shaped for sure.

Cheers! :wave: