Craftsman 18v Cordless Drill Giveaway - We have a Winner!

What project should I work on (And finish for once) next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Brent to your defense explain the difference between what you do and most "jobs". Software is not an easy kind of job that has a cut and dried approach and end.

Now is that a squirel or ground hog either way get the gun a put that fat little sucker on the barbie he should taste ok with whats been in his diet. :)

sent from my Atrix

Hey Brent to your defense explain the difference between what you do and most "jobs". Software is not an easy kind of job that has a cut and dried approach and end.

Heh, You got that right Rob. I create applications for marketing folks to analyze and maintain data. I don't get paid by the hour, so there is no 'set' schedule. When things are hot and heavy, well, hour's go out the window. When things get slow, well, I can breath a bit easier, but things haven't been all that slow this year.

While it's not a physically demanding job, the mental gymnastics you go through at times can leave you a bit wiped out at the end of a day. Working from home also makes it hard to know when to start and when to stop working. The computer is always right there, and there's always one more thing to do.

I'm on a pretty big project right now, but am hoping that things will slow down for a couple of weeks or so in a couple of weeks.

I also tend to estimate my own projects, within certain parameters, and when I miss those estimates, well, I can either let people down or I can 'git-r-dun'.

I'm not complaining, it's a very good job and I like what I do. I know there are many other people on here that work much harder than I do.

But that's my story on why things around the house don't get done and I'm sticking with it! :rofl:

Now is that a squirel or ground hog either way get the gun a put that fat little sucker on the barbie he should taste ok with whats been in his diet. :)sent from my Atrix

That's one of the 'Big Ole Squirrels' that showed up this year and he's chewing on a rose from the rose bush out front. We had a pretty wet spring and we have more ground squirrels, rabbits, jack rabbits, rats, mice, and these 2 big ole squirrels than I've ever seen here.

It's a constant battle of me against the rodents this year and I'm not winning! :eek:

But looks to me then like you got a potential larder of food in your garden. Is it only me or are those critters not edible? Looling at the size of him i would say he is quiete a meal. Charcoal fire and rotisserie. You got a .22 rifle??? Heck living where you do you could even have a go at drying the fur and using it. Could stich up some nice cosy slippers with few his size.

Btw i would vouch for you on the work front. I have a very good idea of whats involved in the soft world.

sent from my Atrix

I was using a zoom lense, so that guy looks a little meatier than he actually is.

Little too close to the house for the .22, but the .20cal Benjamin would be just the ticket. Haven't eaten squirrel since I was a kid though!

The cotton tails though, well they are thick around here. Once they grow up/out a bit, I'll definitely be sampling them...

I voted for the maple table Brent, because you told me about it when we stayed at your place during the tour and that has been a year already.

You have the wood, you have the idea, the need and the tools, so go and get the power of will of making it. Commit yourself to work on it at least 4 hours each weekend and you'll get it done!

I trust that you can do it!:thumb:

And we have a winner!

Jeff Bower!

And thanks everyone for taking part and voting!

(Just happy that Stu didn't win! I hear shipping to Japan is quite expensive! :rofl:)

And the winning entry is 'Finish the Shed'

Hopefully I will be winding down on work this week, so should be able to take next weekend off and get some work done on the shed! :thumb:

This is wonderful news!! Came home from vacation to smoke coming out of the AC and temps in the 100s...getting this news is a much better way to start the week! Thanks again Brent! :thumb::thumb: