Pantry Shelving

Jeb Taylor

I finally got time to finish some pantry shelving my wife had been wanting. They sat in the shop like this for way to long.
IMG_0001.jpg
There's not a lot of room due to the dryer door, but I managed to get a 9" deep, 6 shelf unit in the laundry room. Still have some sheetrock holes to fix where I took an existing wire shelf down and modify the alarm power supply, but loml is very happy with them.
IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

This was my first project from the cherry lumber I got off craigslist this spring.

Thanks for the comments :) I haven't been doing this as long as a lot of you guys, so I try and make every project something new, with it's own challenges. Sometimes that leaves things a little overkilled for their purpose.

This one was supposed to have tapered legs also, but the stock moved all over the place when I cut it, so only ended up with enough left for straight legs once I got it glued up and back flat. First time I've used of a hollow chisel mortiser, tallest hardwood piece I've made.

nice set of shelves jeb and that curve will make them much stronger,, how are you going to get at the security system if need be.. does that shelf come out easy?

No, that's not something that needs accessed very often. It's better to be hard to get to anyway.

I had some sketches working shelves around it, but didn't like the way they looked so I just went with this.