monolith wine bottle holders

Dan Noren

Staff member
well, here's the first of this year's new wine bottle holders. being a fan of both 2001 and 2010, i decided that one set of the new wine bottle holders will be of a type honoring the mysterious monolith. the proportions of this wine bottle holder are the same as the monolith from the movie, 1x4x9, the squares of 1,2,3. the nice thing is, is when i take the good pics for the web site, i have a bottle of port, of a 2010 vintage.

Attachments

• monolith wine bottle holder blank cut.jpg
    monolith wine bottle holder blank cut.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 34
  • monolight wine bottle holder holes cut.jpg
    monolight wine bottle holder holes cut.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 38
  • monolith wine bottle holders painted.jpg
    monolith wine bottle holders painted.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 42
Wow Dan, you must have 10 projects going on at the same time :eek: I widh I had the energy to do that.

I've never made the wine bottle holders before they are really cool. Gotta try one soon. :thumb:

the spray paint was disappointing to say the least, so i went to the borg, and had them mix up a sampler of flat black. lightly sanded the imperfections, and repainted. this worked out better.

Attachments

• monolith front repainted.jpg
    monolith front repainted.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 17
  • monolith wine bottle holder back side painted.jpg
    monolith wine bottle holder back side painted.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 16
I remember the "Monolith" as vertical with all of the "cavemen" dancing and fighting around it.
Oh, that was 2001. My apologies to Clark.
Gosh I wish this program had a simple drawing program attached. I speak better with drawings (well, sketches) than words.

Enjoy,

Jim