Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday 7/8 Edition

Santa Claus, In

Friday 7/8 Edition

Well we made it to another weekend. Anybody have plans?

Myself, I am going to get some shop time today, until it gets really hot anyways.

Sat morn we have a church mens club meeting. We started a group to help out the older folks at church. We have a couple sidewalks to pour and stuff like that. Should be fun and we have a wide range of contractors at church. We are also going to try and get some of the young guys, teens, involved so they can pick up some knowledge on basic tasks.

Sat night is the big event. Cruising main. Started as a Facebook thing. Over 600 have said they will attend. Restaurants are going to be open late, bands and stuff at the city hall. Mayor and police dept are all behind it.

Sunday will be church and a bunch of homework. I am taking a elect eng course this summer and it is all I can do to keep up
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Outside the beltway
    We have a malty HS Reunion Saturday out in the country so I will jump at the chance to ride.
    My wife and I are talking about returning to our old church now the boys are grown. So this will be the last Sunday in a church we raised out boys in and have attended for 24 years. It's about 35 minutes up the road and the local church is a 5 minute walk from the house. Hearing John Bails speak at my friends manorial service and stopping by and talking with him and his wife Wednesday evening I just felt the nudge to return. When I told my wife what I was thinking she said she that has been on her mind also. The Lord works all things together ..............
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Tokyo Japan
    We took our daughter Mizuki out to the airport for her flight to Canada where she will spend summer vacation, she was very happy to be heading out from the heat and humidity that is Tokyo in the summer, lucky girl!

Attachment 57912
    Enjoying her last bowl of Ramen for a while!

Tomorrow I hope to get some work done on the bench, but I've caught a summer cold, so I might just sleep in..... Sunday I have to work, again, second week in a row, not liking that much at all
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Plainwell, Michigan
    Installing wainscot today Tomorrow is a thank you party for all who helped us on our kitchen remodel 13 lb bone in smoked prime rib, 18 lb smoked turkey, 72 ABT's and a ton more.......Getting hungry yet Larry? I have your chair reserved already Sunday work, got called in. thought I could rest for a day...
    Last edited by Tom Niemi; 07-09-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Working on Intarsia projects this weekend.....designing a mountain scene for my father

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    I will be adding more plants to the backyard and the irrigation that goes with keeping such things alive whilst the finish cures on a recent picture frame that is gift for some friends. I hate sitting around watching things dry but, would rather do almost anything but do yard work in the 90* weather we have been having ;-)
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

DSM, IA
    Off to a friends house tonight for some BBQ and cold ones...seems to be a theme for me this summer ...tomorrow lots of errands to do and maybe some shop time. Haven't turned anything for a few weeks and I have the itch bad to spin some wood! Sunday will be yard work and more shop time in the evening.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Constantine, MI
    Today begins a week long celebration of our first anniversary! Tonight we ride the dinner train on the Thunder Mountain Line. Tomorrow is the Northwest Motorfest and a concert at church. Monday we head north to ride the Route of the Hiawatha, do a little sightseeing, and drop in to see the finished altar suite I built a few years back but have never seen with a finish! Back down through Hell's Canyon on Thursday. Yes, there will be pictures.
    Last edited by Rennie Heuer; 07-08-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Kansas City, Missouri
    Well, tearing down the top half of the engine in my 97 tahoe. It overheated and blew a gasket (I hope and not a cracked head). Truck shopping as well, will keep the tahoe for a short time for a backup vehicle.

Will be finishing up my toy swap project as well.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Hopefully picking my wife up from the hospital today. Will probably spend quite a bit of time catering to her needs as well as cooking and cleaning.

Should have time to finish up the toy shop project by Sunday.
    Faith, Hope & Charity