Friday 7/8 Edition

Well we made it to another weekend. Anybody have plans?

Myself, I am going to get some shop time today, until it gets really hot anyways.

Sat morn we have a church mens club meeting. We started a group to help out the older folks at church. We have a couple sidewalks to pour and stuff like that. Should be fun and we have a wide range of contractors at church. We are also going to try and get some of the young guys, teens, involved so they can pick up some knowledge on basic tasks.

Sat night is the big event. Cruising main. Started as a Facebook thing. Over 600 have said they will attend. Restaurants are going to be open late, bands and stuff at the city hall. Mayor and police dept are all behind it.

Sunday will be church and a bunch of homework. I am taking a elect eng course this summer and it is all I can do to keep up:eek:

We have a malty HS Reunion Saturday out in the country so I will jump at the chance to ride.
My wife and I are talking about returning to our old church now the boys are grown. So this will be the last Sunday in a church we raised out boys in and have attended for 24 years. It's about 35 minutes up the road and the local church is a 5 minute walk from the house. Hearing John Bails speak at my friends manorial service and stopping by and talking with him and his wife Wednesday evening I just felt the nudge to return. When I told my wife what I was thinking she said she that has been on her mind also. The Lord works all things together ..............

We took our daughter Mizuki out to the airport for her flight to Canada where she will spend summer vacation, she was very happy to be heading out from the heat and humidity that is Tokyo in the summer, lucky girl!

mizuki_noodles.jpg
Enjoying her last bowl of Ramen for a while!

Tomorrow I hope to get some work done on the bench, but I've caught a summer cold, so I might just sleep in..... Sunday I have to work, again, second week in a row, not liking that much at all :(

Installing wainscot today:D Tomorrow is a thank you party for all who helped us on our kitchen remodel:thumb: 13 lb bone in smoked prime rib, 18 lb smoked turkey, 72 ABT's and a ton more:D.......Getting hungry yet Larry? I have your chair reserved already:thumb: Sunday work, got called in. thought I could rest for a day...

Last edited:
I will be adding more plants to the backyard and the irrigation that goes with keeping such things alive whilst the finish cures on a recent picture frame that is gift for some friends. I hate sitting around watching things dry but, would rather do almost anything but do yard work in the 90* weather we have been having ;-)

Off to a friends house tonight for some BBQ and cold ones...seems to be a theme for me this summer :rolleyes:...tomorrow lots of errands to do and maybe some shop time. Haven't turned anything for a few weeks and I have the itch bad to spin some wood! Sunday will be yard work and more shop time in the evening.

Last edited:
Well, tearing down the top half of the engine in my 97 tahoe. It overheated and blew a gasket (I hope and not a cracked head). Truck shopping as well, will keep the tahoe for a short time for a backup vehicle.

Will be finishing up my toy swap project as well.

Hopefully picking my wife up from the hospital today. Will probably spend quite a bit of time catering to her needs as well as cooking and cleaning.

Should have time to finish up the toy shop project by Sunday.

Hopefully picking my wife up from the hospital today. Will probably spend quite a bit of time catering to her needs as well as cooking and cleaning.

Should have time to finish up the toy shop project by Sunday.

Bob,
Do your best as "Househusband." It makes for an interesting life to have the shoe on the other foot so to speak. You have the sympathy of the rest of us who have been through a similar routine.

However, your wife has more of our sympathy!!!

Enjoy,

Jim

Working in Monterey today...only 40 degrees cooler than home. Motorcycle goes to its new owner tonite then my wife called to tell my our sons cars engine gave way...Im thinking head gasket...so much for a relaxing weekend:p

I've got a stack of partially finished turnings in the shop that are in progress. I'll probably get a few more coats of finish on them this weekend. I've also got a pet urn for my ex wife that needs to get started, as well as a variety of other fresh blanks calling out to be turned. It's gonna be hot out there this weekend, so any shop time will likely be after 10:00 or 11:00 PM.

Sunday, I'm doing a demo at the local turning club. Not so much a demo as it will be a show and tell about hollowing tools. Won't have a working lathe to demonstrate on...just a wooden one (sort of). ;)

I also need to do some serious cleaning and rearranging of the desk in my home office to make way for a new monitor. One of my 19" LCD monitors is in the process of dying, so my birthday present from LOML was a replacement for it. The new one is 32", hence the need for some rearranging and such. :D It's also an HDTV, so I may be looking at moving the Dish TV DVR into my office instead of the living room (where it never gets used).

Sat morn we have a church mens club meeting. We started a group to help out the older folks at church. We have a couple sidewalks to pour and stuff like that. Should be fun and we have a wide range of contractors at church. We are also going to try and get some of the young guys, teens, involved so they can pick up some knowledge on basic tasks.

Steve my hats off to you. :clap::clap: You live in a great community when folk think like this. What a difference to what i came from. Oh boy.

but I've caught a summer cold, :(

Stu sorry to hear its happened to you too. I got one but it aint gonna keep me from my shop this weekend.;) BTW Canadian summer = humidity have you forgotten.:D

13 lb bone in smoked prime rib, 18 lb smoked turkey, 72 ABT's and a ton more:D.......Getting hungry yet Larry?

Tom i heard the growling of his tummy all the way up here in Toronto. First i thought it was a truck with gearbox troubles. Enjoy the party i will think of you guys.

As for me I am fancy free. Yup bachelor for the weekend. No kids to worry about missus gone off for weekend with bookclub all i need is NN to behave and i will spend my weekend hopefully being productive in my shop. I cannot believe it. Touch wood nothing happens to upset these plans. Picked up a good movie for the evening and a couple of cold ones.
Ah the good life. ;)

Bob,
Do your best as "Househusband." It makes for an interesting life to have the shoe on the other foot so to speak. You have the sympathy of the rest of us who have been through a similar routine.

However, your wife has more of our sympathy!!!

Enjoy,

Jim

:rofl::rofl: as soon as she hears dishes crash and sees her fine lingerie washed with my shop clothes I'll probably get sent back to my woodworking :rofl::rofl:

I hope to complete the REASSEMBLY of my JET table saw. :doh:

I took it apart this evening to try and resolve the issue where I can no longer raises and lower the blade. The blade is stuck in the up position. :(

It looks like the prior owner had it apart and didn't reassemble it properly. Wish me luck . . . I don't have the $$$$ to replace it and the parts with issues are the arbor casting - replacement parts would double what money I have in the saw.

Cheers

Jim