It's time again

I just leave the petcock cracked a little bit all the time. No need to drain it.

But thanks for the memory jolt, I'll change the batteries in the fire alarm and check my extinguisher :thumb::thumb:

Am I in overkill?

When I was in Junior High School I worked afternoons and Saturdays in a typewriter repair shop. They kind of looked at it as, "If you don't drain the air compressor every night, you are looking for a shorter life span."

I did work in a couple typewriter (office machine) repair shops after the big bombs and before they let me out of the service. Both shops demanded the compressor be drained every night.

Because of the above, I drain my air compressor tank every day that I use it. AND I hate doing it!!!

Enjoy,

Jim

I have an Ingersol-Rand automatic drain on mine. It pops for half a second about every 45 minutes or so, and also upon startup/shutdown.

Works great, but can scare the heck out of you when it goes off in an otherwise quiet shop.:D

Am I in overkill?

When I was in Junior High School I worked afternoons and Saturdays in a typewriter repair shop. They kind of looked at it as, "If you don't drain the air compressor every night, you are looking for a shorter life span."

I did work in a couple typewriter (office machine) repair shops after the big bombs and before they let me out of the service. Both shops demanded the compressor be drained every night.

Because of the above, I drain my air compressor tank every day that I use it. AND I hate doing it!!!

Enjoy,

Jim

I've sold portable compressors for close to 30 years. The two I own are at least 12 years old. I always leave the petcock open just enough so the air hisses out. It blows any moisture out. A small dish or just a plain old rag keeps the floor from getting wet. I do check the compressor oil about once a month though. Never ever had any problems.