Logic

Jim DeLaney

Staff member
Read it several times. It takes a while to sink in.

A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk, and if they have eggs, get 6."

A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.

The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"

He replied, "They had eggs."

Makes perfect sense to me..............and there's the problem.

There was a comedienne who told a story of how she sent her husband out with a shopping list. They were numbered 1,2,3 etc. up to 12.

He came back with 1 dozen eggs, 2 gallons of milk, 3 watermelons, 4 six packs.....

BTW, I think the husband Jim told us about was a sensible fellow, did just what the missus told him to.

public int HusbandShoppingMilkCartons() {
intMilkCartons = 1;
if (boolStoreHasEggs) {
intMilkCartons = 6;
}
return (intMilkCartons);
}

A) There's a reason we try to not let the hubby do the grocery shopping (this is a secret only known to women)

B) To get just 6 eggs, would have made the hubby have to figure out how to tear/cut the dozen egg carton in half without feeling guilty (common practice among women)

A) There's a reason we try to not let the hubby do the grocery shopping (this is a secret only known to women)

B) To get just 6 eggs, would have made the hubby have to figure out how to tear/cut the dozen egg carton in half without feeling guilty (common practice among women)

Yup making the husband feel guilty is quite common among women!

Really???? Are you kidding me?? Everyone knows you never leave the house without a Sawsall and a portable generator. Man....can't believe you didn't know that :doh::doh::doh::rofl:

I think the husband Jim told us about was a sensible fellow, did just what the missus told him to.

Nope. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Over 46 years at this game, I know.
You do what she wants, not what she says.
If you come back with anything other than what she wants regardless of what she actually said, you are automatically wrong.
There is no winning, ever, arguing the 'he said, she said' thing with a woman. Just shut up and take it.
There is a reason why men drink beer and 'can't hear anything' when watching football on TV.
Thank goodness for our man caves. And ear plugs and loud machines.