Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost a friend

Lost a friend

Well it has been a difficult week as our miniiture Schnauzer of 14 yrs (Skipper)had to be put down last sunday. He was sick and had developed cushing disease as well as Diabetes and things went from bad to worse for him. When the end came he went in my loving wifes arms. He was very special to us and his previous papa was a captain of one of the gulf island ferries and he passed from us a few years back so we feel that as we said good bye Al was on the other side welcoming him home. He is now beside Al in heaven helping captain the ferry there.

This link was sent to me from a friend and it brought me to tears as I envision Al being there for him now. Skipper was a very special part of our family here.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

After Skipper passed we called up a friend that owns a pet cremitorium and arranged to have Skipper done and I will be turning an urn for him in the coming weeks. I will post it when it is done and i hope it turns out the way that I envision it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skipper.JPG  
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Sorry to hear the bad news Drew, them little furry critters sure can make an impact on our lives!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

So sorry about your loss, Drew. Skipper had a great dad.

Very sorry to see the news, Drew. I can truly empathize. The little critters sure can work their way into our hearts, huh? I've learned there's never a dog quite like the last one, but there's also never a dog quite like the next one, either.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Sorry for your loss Drew. Being a dog lover as well I know just how you feel.

So sorry to hear the bad news. It's amazing how those little 4 footed guys can become such an important part of our lives.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

sorry drew ,, time to look for replacement to help fill the gap he left..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Drew,
    Sorry for your loss, and I DO know how you feel. Shana (see avatar, above) is second only to my wife in importance (and attachment) to me, and I hope for many more years of her loving companionship.

Her predecessor, Schultz, was with us for fourteen years, and I still miss him.

We also have another schnauzer, Bitsy, who's now about thirteen and beginning to fail. I suspect we'll be losing her in the not too distant future and that will be a true loss. We rescued Bitsy when she was a young adult, and she immediately attached herself to my wife. She merely tolerates me...

Again, my condolences.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Drew, sorry about your dog passing on. Hope the urn turning helps in the healing process.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Drew sorry to hear. Losing a god friend is a pleasant thing to do. But we all do. I had a Skippy once long ago and this post reminded me of him.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com