Lost a friend

Drew Watson

Well it has been a difficult week as our miniiture Schnauzer of 14 yrs (Skipper)had to be put down last sunday. He was sick and had developed cushing disease as well as Diabetes and things went from bad to worse for him. When the end came he went in my loving wifes arms. He was very special to us and his previous papa was a captain of one of the gulf island ferries and he passed from us a few years back so we feel that as we said good bye Al was on the other side welcoming him home. He is now beside Al in heaven helping captain the ferry there.

This link was sent to me from a friend and it brought me to tears as I envision Al being there for him now. Skipper was a very special part of our family here.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

After Skipper passed we called up a friend that owns a pet cremitorium and arranged to have Skipper done and I will be turning an urn for him in the coming weeks. I will post it when it is done and i hope it turns out the way that I envision it.

Attachments

• Skipper.JPG
    Skipper.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 22
Very sorry to see the news, Drew. I can truly empathize. The little critters sure can work their way into our hearts, huh? I've learned there's never a dog quite like the last one, but there's also never a dog quite like the next one, either. ;)

Drew,
Sorry for your loss, and I DO know how you feel. Shana (see avatar, above) is second only to my wife in importance (and attachment) to me, and I hope for many more years of her loving companionship.

Her predecessor, Schultz, was with us for fourteen years, and I still miss him.

We also have another schnauzer, Bitsy, who's now about thirteen and beginning to fail. I suspect we'll be losing her in the not too distant future and that will be a true loss. We rescued Bitsy when she was a young adult, and she immediately attached herself to my wife. She merely tolerates me...:)

Again, my condolences.

Drew, sorry about your little buddy. I was thinking about what it will be like after my buddy is gone. Habit will make me look at the clock and think it is time to take him for a walk or time to feed him then realize that is a memory. At that point it leaves a huge empty feeling in the heart. I am sad for you and your wife but none of us gets out of this alive. Hope the transition is as easy as it can be for you folks.
Mark

I just don't have the words to say but I do know how you feel. Sorry for your loss.

My Dad had a dream not long ago that he couldn't find his dog (black & tan Min pin) & actually got up to look for it & was at the door when he realized he didn't have a dog anymore. He said the dream was so real. Mindy was a big part of his life for the few years he had her.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the news of your loss Drew. Can only imagine what the pain is like after a friend like that. BTDTGT dont want any more of it. Bad enough looking after kids.:eek: Could not handle it when i came back from a trip once to have the kennel tell me one of my two dogs (brother and sister pups) died. They got parvo in the kennel one survived with a huge vet bill the other passed. Was 3rd time around for me and i said no more. Of all the creatures to have around i think dogs are definitely mans best friend, even better than a lot of humans. But its heartbreaking when this happens even to another person.:(