Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: backyard visitor

backyard visitor

We had a backyard visitor this morning. Get them all the time but I caught a cute pic today.
    The ticks have been especially bad this year. It looks like this fawn may be blinded in the right eye from the ticks. Sad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fawn in yard small file.jpg  
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    We had a backyard visitor this morning. Get them all the time but I caught a cute pic today.
    The ticks have been especially bad this year. It looks like this fawn may be blinded in the right eye from the ticks. Sad.
    Frank looks like she may have run into a barbed fence or something. Never seen ticks work over a deer that fast from birth.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Very cute Frank. Looks like Bambi.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    Frank looks like she may have run into a barbed fence or something. Never seen ticks work over a deer that fast from birth.
    Up close I can see the ticks, hundreds of them. Makes me sick. It's mother's head looks deformed from all the ticks she has.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Maybe you can feed her some tick medicine like the kind given to dog in there food. Put it in apple sauce. She will eat it.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    Maybe you can feed her some tick medicine like the kind given to dog in there food. Put it in apple sauce. She will eat it.
    Dave, our backyard looks like a cattle pasture with all the deer grazing (I know, really browsing). I'm sure another deer would get it first. I can't treat every deer in the county.

Frank do you do any repellant in your yard? Aren't those little deer ticks the Lyme agents? Cattle soon learn a rub is their friend, wonder what would happen if you put one up for the deer? Hmmmmmm, nothing illegal about hunting over a rub is there???
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Maybe you need a large group of chickens. They eat every insect around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Frank do you do any repellant in your yard? Aren't those little deer ticks the Lyme agents? Cattle soon learn a rub is their friend, wonder what would happen if you put one up for the deer? Hmmmmmm, nothing illegal about hunting over a rub is there???
    Interesting thought.
    Shooting one in my yard wouldn't be hunting. It would be harvesting. I would have to be mighty hungry before doing that.

Great shot Frank, but what a poor little critter. I usually show LOML the backyard wildlife photos that get posted here (she remembers Brent and Sharon as "the people with wild horses in their yard"), but I think I'll have to pass on showing her this one.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com