A visit with Ken Fitzgerald

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I had the extreme pleasure of dropping in on Ken this past week while on the way to do a little vacationing in northern Idaho. What a great guy! Both he and his lovely bride gave Jan and I a warm welcome. I did not have a lot of time to spend but we managed to swap some great stories, a few tips, and a quick tour of the shop. I wish I had all his space! :eek::eek: He showed me several of his projects and I can tell you first hand that this guy has talent!

Thanks for the great visit Ken - drop by in Nampa some time. :D

DSC_0002 (2) (727 x 800).jpg

Rennie...It was certainly our pleasure too. Sharon felt bad she had a scheduled dentist appointment as she really enjoyed Jan's company. The next time we are in the Nampa area, we'll contact you. Please if you and your lovely bride are in the Lewiston area again please stop by!

Alright! :thumb: Photographic proof of the visit Ken alluded to last week. :D

Given a chance, I'd really enjoy meeting either of you two guys.

Jonathan......that's the only photo I remember being taken. I'll post some photos of my shop in the near future if you'd like.

Currently my wife's Nikon is at the Nikon factory being repaired.

Since Rennie was here, I have made a change and will being making another change to my shop today, in fact.

The guys I worked with gave me a very generous gift. Last night I hung a Jet Air Filtration System. Today I will hang it's twin.

My only complaint will be a loss of head room in those two areas. I won't miss the fine particle dust.

I think there was something wrong with my lens adjustment. I think it's fixed now!:thumb::thumb:

View attachment 58087

well its looking better rennie but you need to crop out the ugly yellow thing in the right hand side.. it does look like he has cleaned up the shop since i was there:) so you got the high dollar tour we just just had the good ole boy tour which was what we prefer:) ken is a great guy and has lots of stories to tell.. we just havnt had time to hear all of them yet:)

Larry....there is only one tour of my shop....it's cheap....not very valuable.

My shop has changed since you were here. I have built some rolling carts and large cabinet to store stuff.

Unfortunately for Rennie's eyes, I am in the middle of building an oak entertainment center for the LOML. The saw horses are back down in SE corner as that is how I rough out large pieces of plywood. Thus it's a mess again.

Yesterday I had to stop and manufacture some facia boards for the contractor that's reroofing my house. I had to run several errands for him but that allowed him and his crew to continue stripping and shingling on my carport and attached shed. They finished reroofing the house yesterday.

As soon as I finish the oak entertaiment center, I will clean it again.