It's Friday! 7/15 edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Suppose to be hot, hot, hot, but should be finishing up my toy swap project tonight or tomorrow morning. Got some mulch and ground cover to put down around the fountain and fish pond. Got some new headlights to install in my new (to me) ride. Finally need to make some room to pull the old tahoe in the shop and tear the top of the engine off and rebuild.

What's everyone else got going on this weekend?

Like Darren said THI supposed to be 110-120 for the next week so I'm going to roost.
My son is at a threshing exhibit and will be on the back of a 50 HP Case steam engine......that's 120 degrees without any outside help!! :eek: I know he'll look like he's been slid under the door by Sunday night. But he's been doing this stuff for 20+ years and knows when to take a break.

Everyone else stay comfortable and safe during this hot spell.:thumb:

Last graduation party of the year tomorrow for my nephew and start on a cradle for a baby shower gift out of some awesome cherry that I sneaked out of Larry's stash right under his nose:rofl::rofl::rofl: (naw he caught me:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:)

Pick up youngster from airport (Canada cup is over) deal with his defeat.:D Then BBQ at SWMBO bosses house and maybe some shop time in between.

Got two nice small one inch thick pieces of PAduk and Bloodwood to use.;)

We're having a relatively mild summer so far, and this weekend is looking like it'll be pretty bearable. I'll be trying to get a few shop things started, and get going on finishing a few others. Also have the usual yard and house stuff. Might also try to get the Dish TV feed re-routed into my home office so I can use my new monitor as a TV in there. While I'm on the roof, I really should clean the rain gutters, too. And trim some branches that are too close to the roof. And probably about a zillion other things I'm forgetting right now. :p

It was my Saturday to work the real job. Rested this afternoon. Baseball game on in about 25 minutes. Will need to mow the small patch of grass in the backyard in the morning, then I want to work on the ZCIs I've got cut out. Need to clear out some underneath for the blade to start out in, then cut some threads into for leveling. Need to get some contact cement still to do the laminate. Might should have done that this afternoon. :doh: Oh well, they will still have some tomorrow. Jim.

Last edited:
got the curve templates for the table done, was going to make blacker indent jig for the legs, but 4" of rain got in the way. took good pics of stuff for the website and posted them. too hot today (sunday) for anything other than taking new pics of old stuff on the website....