More stuff

Jim Burr

Having taken a break from everything for awhile, there have been a lot of pen orders in the last few weeks. So to put toys in the shop...I went ahead and did some casting and chip making. 1) Half cut of a 2x4x1 blank mold. 2) Coffee bean on Jr Gent Ti postable...no finish, just polished to 12k. 3) Rose gold Ti Aero with a gold and bronze cast acrylic. 4) I was lucky enough to receive a polymer clay blank from Toni Ransfield in NZ. Put it on a Gunmetal Mesa. Somewhere around here is a wenge Jr Gent Ti fountain that's going to it's new home in Monterey next week. That's about it! C&C used on the next one.

Attachments

• blanks.jpg
    blanks.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 38
  • coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 38
  • roses.jpg
    roses.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 39
  • polymer.jpg
    polymer.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 38
Nice casts and nice pens. The poly clay pens are not for me but the talent it takes to make them just can not be denied. I marvel at it. By the way, last I read on IAP is Toni is in New Jersey or somewhere in the States now.

Jim those are outstanding. I have not entered into the world of casting as I don't have enough time now! But it is something I am considering with my advanced students this coming year.

Jim, you're really getting this casting stuff down. :thumb: Did you also cast the coffee blank?

Pretty pens, BTW. The polymer blank also sure looks nice.

Jim, you're really getting this casting stuff down. :thumb: Did you also cast the coffee blank?

Pretty pens, BTW. The polymer blank also sure looks nice.

I do not yet:(... they are done for me by an old friend of this and other forums. I hope to take a trip soon to learn the details:D. He as been most gracious in the timing and pricing. The smell of the shop is amazing:thumb::thumb:!!! Toni was on her way back to New Jersey on vacation from NZ and said "Ok...I'll send you one to reduce my inventory" But it actually came from Ed at Exotic Blanks via her. They are really amazing and turn so easy it's sad!

Last edited:
Having taken a break from everything for awhile, there have been a lot of pen orders in the last few weeks. So to put toys in the shop...I went ahead and did some casting and chip making. 1) Half cut of a 2x4x1 blank mold. 2) Coffee bean on Jr Gent Ti postable...no finish, just polished to 12k. 3) Rose gold Ti Aero with a gold and bronze cast acrylic. 4) I was lucky enough to receive a polymer clay blank from Toni Ransfield in NZ. Put it on a Gunmetal Mesa. Somewhere around here is a wenge Jr Gent Ti fountain that's going to it's new home in Monterey next week. That's about it! C&C used on the next one.
Hi Jim; They all look great, but I'm waiting to see the 360 HB!!:rofl::rofl: