getting stuck tractor out of mud in Norway

Just goes to show you that round isn't always he best shape for a drive wheel...:rofl:

I have seen similar things done and I also have seen a very similar process used to pull fence posts...
Garry

I didn't tear it off! The old guy on the tractor seat though would have kicked my butt into the next county had I though! But everytime, "are you near the valve stem? OR where is the valve stem?":doh::dunno: Guess he got through to me, I still remember! :thumb::thumb:

Looks like it worked to me. :thumb:

Barry Stratton should be taking notes on this. He got a tracked skid steer stuck in a marsh few days ago. :p

Looks like it worked to me. :thumb:

Barry Stratton should be taking notes on this. He got a tracked skid steer stuck in a marsh few days ago. :p

Saw a guy get a D9 cat out of a swamp using a similar method only he went from track to track with a pole, add a pole, add another pole, add another pole, stop and remove first pole before it hits you in the back (or the cab). Worked.

It worked, but Frank is correct, it is extremely dangerous. A tractor when the front wheels start to raise, there is a point of no return and the tractor will rotate on the rear axle, thus flipping the tractor. If I remember correctly it happens in less than a half of a second once all things line up correctly. Hence the reason for ROPS (roll over protection structures) on all new tractors without cabs. All cabs have ROPS capabilities built into them.