Finally there....

I have finally finished the setup and am now ready to commence making some messes. Thought I'd get a few shots to share beforehand. The building is a whopping 13' x 18' so I had to get a little creative in order to make the best use of the space. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Attachments

• Outside.jpg
    Outside.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Woodshop-9.jpg
    Woodshop-9.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Woodshop-8.jpg
    Woodshop-8.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 183
  • Woodshop-7.jpg
    Woodshop-7.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Woodshop-6.jpg
    Woodshop-6.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Woodshop-5.jpg
    Woodshop-5.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Woodshop-4.jpg
    Woodshop-4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Woodshop-3.jpg
    Woodshop-3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 229
  • Woodshop-2.jpg
    Woodshop-2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Woodshop-1.jpg
    Woodshop-1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Here's a few more closeup shots. (along with a couple of minor gloats) ;)

Attachments

• Combo-Square case.jpg
    Combo-Square case.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Odds and Ends.jpg
    Odds and Ends.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Clamp Storage Below.jpg
    Clamp Storage Below.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Clamp Storage Above.jpg
    Clamp Storage Above.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Compressor-Air Tool Space.jpg
    Compressor-Air Tool Space.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Router table fence.jpg
    Router table fence.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Router Table.jpg
    Router Table.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Tool Chest 2.jpg
    Tool Chest 2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Tool Chest 1.jpg
    Tool Chest 1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Work Bench-Outfeed Table.jpg
    Work Bench-Outfeed Table.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 106
Looks great....so when you going to make your first set of kitchen cabinets?

May I ask what is in the corner behind the door is by the drill-press?

I am always curious especially when the shop is small & a corner is used up but not by the inside of the shop.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kudos guys. Trust me, it won't stay this way long. It's great to have everything all set back up. We move from a house we had lived in for 30 years into this place about 4 years ago and it's taken all of that four years to get this building in shape.
Bart, that door leads to a little 5' x 5' "office". That was not an original intention when I first started this thing out but my wife was somewhat insistent that I have a place for all my collectible junk that I've accumulated over the years so that is where it all wound up. there is a desk and computer in there too, so it will come in handy.
Rich, I like to keep those handsaws where I can just grab one if I'm doing something quick, especially outside. It's a lot easier to use one of those than it is to get out the circular saw and roll out an extension cord. There are quite a few other hand tools like planes and chisels and the like stored in some of the drawers around the shop.
Jeb, The tool chests are all around 25-30 years old and I built all those for various reasons. The smaller one by the tablesaw was my tool box that I used in a shop where I worked for several years before I got into drafting. The bigger one I built to hold all the mechanics tools I inherited from my dad when he died back in '89.
Charles, Most of the old tools belonged to my dad but they have always been kept in pretty good shape so they still work well. The lathe is a '50's model Craftsman and was originally gray but somewhere along the line my dad felt that red was a more suitable color. :)
I'm a bit of an old iron aficianado and I have it in my head to someday rebuild and repaint all those old tools. If I ever get around to that I'll be sure and post pictures in the old iron heading.

Here are a few shots of the "office" behind that door by the drill press. It's more of a 5' x 5' closet but it's about all the space I was willing to give up for this. Ideally this space could have been put to better use as shop space but it got all my junk out of the house which wins me points with the LOML so I figure that makes it all worthwhile.

Attachments

• Office-4.jpg
    Office-4.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Office-3.jpg
    Office-3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Office-2.jpg
    Office-2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Office-1.jpg
    Office-1.jpg