Man uses Circular saw to remove son's cast!

My first reaction!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
I distinctly remember in '77 after getting home from OK and being in the hospital and Intensive Care Unit, dad took me fishing. It was one of those days he could catch a bluegill wherever he went around the pond. I couldn't catch a cold that day. For the umpteeenth time I was squatting beside him trying to entice the fish biting on his line. In disgust he rears back and tries to cast to the far shore to get away from me, he snagged the back of my head, buried the hook, broke the line at the steel leader. It was the only time in my life I was defiant to my dad. He pulled out his pocket knife (which to this day is the cheapest piece of junk with an edge that needs to be sharpened before spreading butter on bread!!). He says, "sit down, I'll make a slit and pull that hook out". I remember those words! Well when he went to sawing with that dull knife, I jumped and ran! We went home and he was disgusted and walked in and told my mom, "we got to take Jon to the hospital". You should have seen her face!

A chainsaw would have done it a lot faster.

But a SawStop would have been so much safer. Probably could have got it done after going through only a few cartridges...
:rofl:

I can't help but to think if he would have turned the blade around backwards nothing would have happened. Like cutting vinyl siding.

We are going to need a test dummy. Someone will need to break their arm, in the name of science.

First time I used a cast cutter I was amazed how easily it worked, but would not cut flesh. Just a round blade that vibrates every so slightly back and forth. You can touch it to your skin, with no worries.

Unfortunately, the fellow who tried using his circ saw has already reproduced. I feel sorry for his 15 year old son.