Facebook question

I to have used it to keep in touch with family and friends...this has also led to some sales of my turning stuff to friends. I've also "friended" many world renowned turners and artists and sometimes that leads to more knowledge and inspiration.

Like it or not, it is the communicative tool of our times.

The presence of FB is forcing a change in the way e-mail is being used. I now get very few true communicative e-mails from friends or relatives. About 90% of e-mails received are now political, faith based or humor.

True. For me, I have family that doesn't use email. I have nieces and nephews that only use text and FB to communicate, so it's how I keep up on their lives...then let their parents know what's happening with them. :rolleyes:

With 11 grandchildren, 2 kids and 3 step kids, two brothers, and a dozen or so cousins, etc. - all spread out over a dozen or more states from one ocean to the other - FB seems to be the tool to keep us all up to date. Since joining FB my communications with my grand kids have grown exponentially. Posting pictures keeps us linked on each others going's on and makes the distance between us seem less like a barrier.

I've also managed to touch base with about 50 former classmates and a couple of dozen former colleagues.

I disdain the games and polls and do not participate in any of them. I use an add-on called 'Better Facebook" that helps me weed through the garbage and opt out of all sorts of nuisance applications and polls.

I've recently joined Google+ and I think I may start participating more there. Just watching and adding a few friends to my circles for now.

I post pics of my turnings...sold 6 pens last week, and have to make 3 more for a total of 8 sold for next week. Ohter than that, it's fun to keep up with family and people from work.

I don't Twitter at all. I've had a FB for a while but didn't really start using it regularly until last fall when I broke my shoulder and had a lot of down time recovering from surgery. I don't play the ridiculous games at all. But I use it to keep in touch with old friends that I've lost touch with. Also it's a good way to stay in touch with family who has spread out through the years.

John

I drove by my old CB, crossing the country I stayed on the truckers channel. Some things were just made at the right time.

Same here...I used the CB a lot back in the day. Radar detector, too. :D On more than one occasion I'd pass a line of truckers in my Bronco, then one of them would make some comment on the radio about the cute blond seat cover in the blue Ford. I got some mighty embarrassed apologies when I'd answer back (in a nice deep voice) "I'm the blond seat cover, and I don't think you'd like my mustache." :p One of the pitfalls of having long hair, I guess. :rolleyes:

When I was young, my dad and his buddies would go on fishing trips. My dad has never been that great at driving, so at 16 I became the main driver for our car (An oldsmobile stationwagon with a bass boat behind it). I'd drive all night long chatting back and forth on the CB with my dads buddies while my dad would be sleeping in the back seat. :thumb:

It didn't hurt that I was able to back a trailer up better than he could... :rofl: