Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take me back to the '60's!

Take me back to the '60's!

This takes me back to my high school and college days. In fact I started and finished high school and college, got married and started my teaching career in that decade. For some of you it will be nostalgic; for others it will be a history lesson. Turn up your speakers--I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

http://objflicks.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Well I lived through the 50's and 60's at a young age. I liked the 50's better. The 60's had a lot of turmoil. And the music was even better in the 50's. A lot of things in that video was started in the 50's. We all seem to like our own era the best.
    Last edited by Paul Douglass; 07-21-2011 at 04:21 AM.
    "We the People ......"

Paul.......I'd argue that one....I was so tired of playing Johnny B. Goode at dances.....The Beatles and the British Invasion was a welcome relief to the bands in which I played. Too much of the 50's and early 60's music really needed horns or an orchestra to do right, IMHO.
    Ken
    ------

Boy, did that bring back memories. THANK YOU!!!

It is a coincidence, however I was wondering the other day---"When did we lose our innocence?" Seeing this video, I seem to have an answer.

I am a great believer in innovation, invention, and all of the things that give us our modern world. However, I sure wish we had our old moral, honor and integrity values.

Thanks again and

Enjoy,

Jim
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Take me back to the '60's!

I'm with you Jim. We need to get our thinking back and take responsibility for our actions. Those were some great years, and great experiences.

Aloha, Tony
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

Fighting for all I am worth, and praying every day.

I was in elementary school starting in about 1962, so I have recollections of a lot of the stuff shown. My real formative years were the '70s...that's the decade that really shaped me.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Now what was that old saying... If you can remember the 60's you were not there. I was fortunate to have been born in 61 and I remember lots of that stuff as it shaped my life. Strong values back then as compared to what the kids of today are being grown with.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

I was born in '64. My memories start later in the decade. Funny how many memories that slide show brings back. The old shows, "new" inventions.
    Morals! We have fallen so far as a society, I feel like that Indian chief in the anti litter commercial sometimes when I see what has happened to us since then.
    Great find!!

Cool, I still have my old radio, but the real old ones only had AM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010364.JPG  
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

I have the radio my Dad played once in a while out in the shop it is if I remember right a Zenith or maybe a GE, battery powered AM only won in a drawing from Wolf appliance The entry's were tumbled in a dryer before the drawing. Oh & it still works.

They tell me I'm from the boomer generation.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart