Thread: Thanks To All

Thanks To All

I recently joined Family Woodworking and have asked my fair share of new-guy questions and received excellent advice. By way of thanks, here are the first projects completed.

Since I recently bought a Dewalt planer, the first project was one of Phil Thein's cyclones. He deserves a special thanks for sharing his design - this thing WORKS. While I was test driving the planer, the cyclone collected about five gallons of chips and there was about a half of cup of fines in the vac. This is the car that lives outside when a project is under way in the garage bay. Sheet goods storage in front of the car.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cyclone.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	58261

Second was a crosscut sled. This really adds to the job-site saw's capabilities, but I'm still looking for a way to squeeze in a larger TS.

Name:	Cross cut sled.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	58262

Used the sled to complete the finish cuts for the drill press auxiliary table. Stole some family member's idea about using the off-set round insert - just rotate it to a fresh spot when it gets beat up.

Name:	Drill Press Table.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	58263

Along in there somewhere I made cube-in-a-cube puzzles for grandkids, no pix of those, they are shipped. The next project is a five drawer, wheeled storage cabinet that fits under the drill press table.

Again, thanks to everyone for their patience and advice. I'm sure I'll have more questions...

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Blank; 07-21-2011 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Remove extra attachment

Wow, you're on a roll, Tom. You'll find each of those projects to be very handy additions to the shop. Shop jigs and fixtures are also a great way to hone your skills or try out new techniques. It appears you've been doing a lot of studying, because all three additions look like they're very nicely built.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Good stuff Tom I really like the auxiliary drill press table and need one myself so I am going to use yours as reference when I do make one

Way to go Tom.This place is a goldmine of info. Great jigs.
    cheers

Drill Press Table

The basic drill press table plan came from Woodsmith Shop. I modified it with the T-rails and circular insert. They have another table that incorporates provisions for a spindle sander and vacuum.

http://www.woodsmithshop.com/downloa...presstable.pdf

Tom

Great stuff Tom and thanks for being a member
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Good for you, Tom. You're a great addition to this place.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Looking good Tom.

I really need to redo my drill press table one of these days... Thanks for the reminder!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Good stuff Tom. I am still using many items that I put together with tips and tricks from the folks here.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke