Thanks To All

Tom Blank

I recently joined Family Woodworking and have asked my fair share of new-guy questions and received excellent advice. By way of thanks, here are the first projects completed.

Since I recently bought a Dewalt planer, the first project was one of Phil Thein's cyclones. He deserves a special thanks for sharing his design - this thing WORKS. While I was test driving the planer, the cyclone collected about five gallons of chips and there was about a half of cup of fines in the vac. This is the car that lives outside when a project is under way in the garage bay. Sheet goods storage in front of the car.

Cyclone.jpg

Second was a crosscut sled. This really adds to the job-site saw's capabilities, but I'm still looking for a way to squeeze in a larger TS.

Cross cut sled.jpg

Used the sled to complete the finish cuts for the drill press auxiliary table. Stole some family member's idea about using the off-set round insert - just rotate it to a fresh spot when it gets beat up.

Drill Press Table.jpg

Along in there somewhere I made cube-in-a-cube puzzles for grandkids, no pix of those, they are shipped. The next project is a five drawer, wheeled storage cabinet that fits under the drill press table.

Again, thanks to everyone for their patience and advice. I'm sure I'll have more questions...

Tom

Last edited:
Wow, you're on a roll, Tom. :thumb: You'll find each of those projects to be very handy additions to the shop. Shop jigs and fixtures are also a great way to hone your skills or try out new techniques. It appears you've been doing a lot of studying, because all three additions look like they're very nicely built. :clap:

Looking good Tom.

I really need to redo my drill press table one of these days... Thanks for the reminder!