Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot enough for ya?

Hot enough for ya?

Local 5 pm news just reported that it's 100 degrees with a heat index of 111. They did say it will cool down to about 95 by 9pm tonight though.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

Well, it's 86.9 here, and the heat index says it should feel like 86.9. The pool is at 92 degrees

I've got my 10 hours in so far today so we are loading up the cooler and going to go out and warm up for a while....
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

We spend every summer like that. This one is mild so far...probably just jinxed it We usually have about 20-30 days 100-112. Mid 90's at night and morning temp in the 80's. Sux...but for now...it's home. Speaking of which, it's pool time!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Well...you guys with the luxury of having a pool, can just go jump in a lake
    it's miserable here

Beats shoveling snow though any day!

Don't know about you Tom, but I'll take snow any day over this. And I won't change my mind when winter comes.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Well Tom it about the same here and has been all week,96 right now but I'm not complaining, I look at it like this, I haven't had to shovel any of it so far, and to me that's a big plus.
    Charles

I can still remember the sleepless nights when I was a kid. Before A/C and ceiling fans, not a breath of air stirring, just laying there stuck to the sheets. That part of the good old days I can do without

103 in shade but on west side of house this afternoon. At same time 101 on 'cool' east side in shade.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Don't know how hot it was here or what the heat index was....don't care.

However the thermometer in my car registered 119 when I got in it this afternoon. I wish I had left a chicken in a roasting bag on the front seat. I believe I could have had chicken for dinner....

When we were kids we had vinyl seat covers in the car and no AC. Jump on those vinyl seats with your little short pants on a day like this and that is something you will remember for a long time.
    I may be getting a little older physically but mentally I'm still tarp as a shack.

Overcast a little rain today no need to water the yard & 61 degrees as of 5 PM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart