Hot enough for ya?

Well, it's 86.9 here, and the heat index says it should feel like 86.9. The pool is at 92 degrees :eek:

I've got my 10 hours in so far today so we are loading up the cooler and going to go out and warm up for a while.... :rofl:

We spend every summer like that. This one is mild so far...probably just jinxed it:p We usually have about 20-30 days 100-112. Mid 90's at night and morning temp in the 80's. Sux...but for now...it's home. Speaking of which, it's pool time!!:rofl::wave::p:thumb:

Well Tom it about the same here and has been all week,96º right now but I'm not complaining, I look at it like this, I haven't had to shovel any of it so far, and to me that's a big plus.
Charles

I can still remember the sleepless nights when I was a kid. Before A/C and ceiling fans, not a breath of air stirring, just laying there stuck to the sheets. That part of the good old days I can do without :)

Don't know how hot it was here or what the heat index was....don't care.

However the thermometer in my car registered 119 when I got in it this afternoon. I wish I had left a chicken in a roasting bag on the front seat. I believe I could have had chicken for dinner....:rolleyes:

When we were kids we had vinyl seat covers in the car and no AC. Jump on those vinyl seats with your little short pants on a day like this and that is something you will remember for a long time.:eek:

Don't know how hot it was here or what the heat index was....don't care.

However the thermometer in my car registered 119 when I got in it this afternoon. I wish I had left a chicken in a roasting bag on the front seat. I believe I could have had chicken for dinner....:rolleyes:

When we were kids we had vinyl seat covers in the car and no AC. Jump on those vinyl seats with your little short pants on a day like this and that is something you will remember for a long time.:eek:

HA!!!!!! I remember that when I was a kid! We used to carry bath towles in the car to put down on the seat since cloth and leather for car seats hadn't been invented yet! To say the least..I'm am thankful for everyday and the last 15 minutes I just spent in the pool:p:rolleyes:;)

Local 5 pm news just reported that it's 100 degrees with a heat index of 111. They did say it will cool down to about 95 by 9pm tonight though.

Tom don't take this the wrong way, but I've yet to understand why the weather guessers always give a heat index or feels like temperature... if it's 100 degrees and hot, there's no way to know what 111 feels like... it's either 100 degrees or it's 111 degrees....

If I can keep the air stirred up, so it's not still, I like the heat... can't stand to be cold. I run 3 fans in my shop, a box fan in one window, one over my desk/work bench and a rotating pedestal behind me at the lathe...

Everything is relative. It may be 90 degrees out, but in Nevada, you get out of the pool, the evaporative cooling kicks in and goose bumps start rising. I guess we are fortunate in that we only have to run the swamp cooler about 3 weeks total over the course of the summer.

Geez ya really don't want to hear from me on this one as we are still waiting for summer to arrive here on the wet coast. I think it has been the coldest wettest summer on record so far and it it might get to 70 today. Of course on the postive note the fire threat levels in the bush are low due to all the rain. Can't complain much though as we have had a great run of hot weather for so long we were due for a summer like this. Great weather for painting the house and re roofing though. :thumb::thumb:

I really feel sorry for everyone that is in the heat wave. If there was some way of getting our weather to you I most certainly would. :rolleyes:

We are supposed to hit 106 today. I've left the AC running all week in the shop. Closed down the spray booth side to work on the AC side mostly repairs. Thank the Lord. Lot's of repairs and very little spraying right now.

I spent the last 2 days loading the rental truck...in 90*+ and all last night driving it... now it is over 100* out and we're waiting for sundown to unload the truck, or most of it anyway... thankfully the new house has central air, so the heat is less of an issue than it might be otherwise...