Friday 7/22 Edition

Working on some small "extras" for the kitchen renovation. Finishing up a few odds and ends and getting ready to start my next project. 2 large cherry armoires with a cherry passage door to the closet!

Going to Hollywood !!!!!!!!!! Just kidding. Thinking of taking a ride up state to visit a friend who has a pool for the evening. Then Sunday going to Mary's , the wife of my friend who died and help her with the sale of John Construction equipment.

No plans at all...cept for my nephew and neice spending the night on saturday. Oh and my parents are coming over for a grill out on Sat. to celebrate there 45th anniversary! :thumb:

Friday already? Wasn't it Friday just yesterday? :eek:
Have to finish repairing a shade for picture window on west side of house. With this weather that shade is critical to keeping the A/C from running constantly.

We had a little rain Wednesday night... I sat on the front porch yesterday and watched the grass grow, so today I have to cut it - again - that's about the 4th or 5th time I've had to cut grass this summer...:D:D

Last time I didn't do the hill behind the house, so that has to be done for sure...

Sunday after church we may take a drive up the mountain to visit some friends.

The light at the end of the tunnel is NOT a train! I don't have to do a lick of work work this weekend. :thumb:

But due to some extenuating circumstances, I need to do a bunch of work around the ole homestead...

IM feeling extremely guilty this morning.
My wife had a bad night and didnt fall asleep until 3 or 4 am, had to get up at 6 and go to work.
her to do list is just overwhelming for this week.
With the new kitchen coming in, big suprise party for my sil next weekend, and shes very busy at work, I think its all piling up in her brain and giving her a bit of anxiety.
So, I woke up this morning at 9:20, and looked in the mirror.
Im a fat, ugly crippled broken down old man who is married to a slim, attractive, hardworking, sucessful, devoted woman who caters to my every need.
Im devoting my entire weekend starting 5 minutes after this post, to doing whatever I can on her to do list to ease her load.
Im starting with cleaning out the spare bedroom so theres room for them to deliver the cabinets on monday or tues.
Then I will start emptying and boxing up the kitchen.
Then clean out the fridge, and go on to the bathrooms. Very exciting stuff.
That should keep me busy today and tomorrow.

Tonight I think I'm going to start cutting out some bead board kickers for my stairs and get them painted. Tomorrow my wife's family is coming over for my daughter's B-day party. Though my MIL is making Springfield cashew chicken, I may have to grill up some ABT's for snacks. Sunday my wife has reserved to go see Harry Potter in 3D, will probably take her shopping for a new printer for an upcoming scrapbook project she's starting.

Finishing up a keepsake box my buddies new girl friend requested..she asked if I could route their names on it..I said sure, I'm getting pretty good at it, since his last six girlfriends asked for the same...oh how I wish the camera was handy at that moment :rofl:

Finishing up a keepsake box my buddies new girl friend requested..she asked if I could route their names on it..I said sure, I'm getting pretty good at it, since his last six girlfriends asked for the same...oh how I wish the camera was handy at that moment :rofl:

That's awesome. I had a friend that I did that to once (...once) I ask his girlfriend "Now which one are you again?".

IM feeling extremely guilty this morning.
Then clean out the fridge, and go on to the bathrooms.

well allen, if'n you clean out the fridge, you'll be heading to the other rooms soon enough....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

getting my quarterly haircut, then working on getting the table for the fair, and other things that didn't get done over the last 4 days off....

my wife was let out of work early, even though her office has AC, alot of the building doesnt and it was 105 degrees in there so they shut down.

we just about finished unloading the kitchen, and agreed to take a break.
I got all weekend.(actually, I have all the time I need)

I've got someone coming over Saturday for a turning lesson. Sunday will be house chores, and hopefully I'll get some time to design and/or build some display stands for some Dali Dreamstones, a slab of nicely-colored and figured stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found out Tuesday evening my parents are moving....now!!! :) They have been talking for over a year about moving into an assisted living complex. So they want us to see what we want of their stuff. None of it fits with what we have, so doubt we'll take much. Will mostly help them decide what to take to the new smaller place. Will go through what Dad has left in his shop, and bring home a few things...maybe his small, but larger than my, air compressor. We'll see. Then next weekend, I'll go back up to help them move. They have some friends, probably my age or a little older, with truck, trailer, dollies and blankets to help. Will see if they need my big van or not.
So, our ceiling remodel probably got put on hold. Will look at it when the move is through and decide if we have time before the meeting LOML has here at the house in August. I might get to work some more on my ZCIs on Sunday. Jim.

I filled in for another doc today.
Now why would an 86.5 year old go to work today?
Well to help pay for the Grizzly bandsaw that is being delivered Tuesday---that' s why.

Enjoy,
Jim

Hey, a doc has to stay in practice, right? I would imagine an eye exam by you would be a hoot. :)

And why do they call it a medical practice? If I'm sick, I want to be diagnosed by medical experience, not medical practice. They can practice on somebody else. This ain't no dress rehearsal. :p

And preliminary congrats on your upcoming new shop addition. ;)